cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Problems after a system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did a SAP migration (homogeneous system copy) to a new server (windows server 2012 (R2)) some weeks ago. But since then all sap users are complaining with the performance of this SAP system. This is a SAP ERP 6.0 and the new server has 24Gb of RAM with 8 processors.

The database is an Oracle database 11.2 g (11.2.0.4). I set/adjust all the oracle parameters as it described in the recommendations in sap note 1431798 (Oracle 11.2.0: Database Parameter Settings).

How can I check if the system is slow or not? For example, in ST22 I don´t have any shortdumps... also in SM21.

In ST02 I see the following values:

I also set some SAP parameters some weeks ago but I don´t know exactly if I set well or not some parameters, this is, if the values are good/fit or not for this type of system:

I also checked the ST03n and this what I see the information for this month:

Can you help me to understand if I can change something in way to increase the performance of this SAP system!?

Best regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Addtionally, if possible, please compare the SAP and DB instance parameters with source system and make corresponding adjustments.

Regards,

Ning

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid

Check in ST06 the memory (swap) and CPU usage.

In fact the average response time for Dialog & Update process are not great, with quite an high ratio of DB time.

Make sure that the Oracle statistics are up to date, make sure you have run the script from note 1020260 - Delivery of Oracle statistics (Oracle >= 10g)

You can also check these generic notes

1918774 - Performance issues when running an SAP Installation

618868 - FAQ: Oracle performance

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yves,

I checked the ST06 and I take some information/print screens. Can you check and give me some feedback?

Regarding your sentence:

In fact the average response time for Dialog & Update process are not great, with quite an high ratio of DB time.

Where you see those values/evidences/issues?

I read those sap notes that you recommended and for example I see in the following note that is possible to run the oracle statistics for a specific table... am I right?

1020260 - Delivery of Oracle statistics (Oracle >= 10g)

I´m telling this because in tcode DBACOCKPIT in Database Check (link to a job CheckDB everyday):

Value: TRUE (set in parameter file) # Maintain internal timing statistics

Table: SAPR3.ZHR_RUBRICA_SEQ # Table or index has no optimizer statistics

It´s possible to run the statistics for this specific table ZHR_RUBRICA_SEQ?

We have schedule two tasks/jobs that runs everyday:

- Check database (CheckDB)

- Check and update optimizer statistics (UpdateStats)

Best regards,

samid raif

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the help section => Response Times: Rough Guide

Your problem does not seem to be CPU nor Memory bound

The script from note 1020260 allows to set some statistics options for specific tables.

You can create stat for a specific table using Br*Tools:

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -f collect -p 8 -t ZHR_RUBRICA_SEQ

You can validate Oracle parameters using script from note

2124058 - Oracle Parameter Updater

1171650 - Automated Oracle DB parameter check

Best regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid.

1. You can enable the ST12 trace over all the ABAP & DB usage.

2. You can check the SAP kernel release and level? Could you share the SAP Basis release and SP level?

3. At OS / DB level check the over all free disk space

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

1. Ok... I will check that transaction (ST12). But tell me with more details please, which opinions you recommend to set in this specific transaction... because it have a lot of opinions. Can you tell me please with more details?

Other question, do you thing it will be help to do the same using the ST05 and ST01?

2. The kernel version is 721 EXT x64 (NUC) patch level 623 and the SAP Basis component has the version 700 with patch level 28 (SAPKB70028).

3. The server has a lot of free space.

I check the tablespaces and this is the space of each:

Last week I increase the redo log files to 400Mb each redo log. This is a production system, therefore do you thing it that is enough or I need to increase this value?

Best regards,

samid raif

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid.

Refer the SCN thread for ST12 detailed usage ,

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Ok, thank you. Besides that post I´m reading other blog/posts like these ones:

Single Transaction Analysis - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Besides that... can you tell me your opinion regarding the other things that I mentioned for example the size of each redo log files do you thing 400Mb it´s enough for a production system or maybe I need to increase each one to 500Mb ou 1Gb?

Thank you,

BR,

Samid Raif