SAP for Telecommunications Discussions
Network with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving communications landscape. Join in discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPEM - Functionality of Variable field in Business Process Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured BusProcess FINV0001 for Clarification case generation and cases are generated successfully but that is only for known Invoicing Errors.

My requirement is to create Clarification cases for all kinds of invoicing errors which i am not aware of.

Please find the attached screenshot from Business Process Code configuration screen and while doing configuration I have given the entire range of Messages class(FKKINV) and Message Number(001 to 740) in Start Message to End Message so that all kind of errors related to invoices can be considered by the system and Cases can be generated but when i assign this range, Bus. Object Variable field becomes mandatory and it must have some value form drop-down. I have tried with all drop-down options but it is not creating any clarification case.

Below are my queries:

1. Is it possible to consider all kind of invoicing errors with the range assignment as i mentioned above or is there some other way around in BPEM?

2. If range assignment is the option to do it then which Variable do i need to select in Bus. Object Variable from Drop-down?

3. How this Variable functionality works?

4. What is the purpose of Message variable 1,2,3,4? Is it linked with Bus. Object Variable drop-down list?

Kindly suggest.

Warm Regards,

SAPSD21

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First at all: Please have a look at the BPEM implementation guildeine that is available at the SAP Service Market Place at http://service.sap.com/utilities -> SAP for Utilities -> Product Information -> SAP ERP for Utilities -> Contract Account and Receivables -> Cookbook & Guidelines -> Business Process Exception Management (an updated version is coming soon).

Re question 1: see chapter 6.3 for recommendations how to setup clarification case categories that fullfil your needs.

Re your quesitons 2 - 4: this Customizing is meant to overwrite the SAP standard messages EMMA(011) indicating the start of a message block belonging to a particular business object. However and plese don't get me wrong, these questions relate to a Customizing that has been replaced by the definition of a single ABAP OO class with a particular interface implemented. You will find all this information and a lot more in the above mentioned cookbook.

Kind regards,

Fritz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First at all: Please have a look at the BPEM implementation guildeine that is available at the SAP Service Market Place at http://service.sap.com/utilities -> SAP for Utilities -> Product Information -> SAP ERP for Utilities -> Contract Account and Receivables -> Cookbook & Guidelines -> Business Process Exception Management (an updated version is coming soon).

Re question 1: see chapter 6.3 for recommendations how to setup clarification case categories that fullfil your needs.

Re your quesitons 2 - 4: this Customizing is meant to overwrite the SAP standard messages EMMA(011) indicating the start of a message block belonging to a particular business object. However and plese don't get me wrong, these questions relate to a Customizing that has been replaced by the definition of a single ABAP OO class with a particular interface implemented. You will find all this information and a lot more in the above mentioned cookbook.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks Fritz

0 Kudos

SAP SD,

I'd appreciate you could let me know if I could answer your quesitons with my reply.

Thanks & kind regards,
Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have gone through the Cookbook as suggested by Fritz which is very helpful but i still do not find my answers there.

Kindly suggest.

Warm Regards,

SAPSD21

0 Kudos

SAPSD21,

some direct answers you find in the cookbookk at page 53 "additional data":

"You can define a business process code that does not expect the EMMA011 and EMMA012 messages as the BPEM specific start and end message. Insteat you need to enter the mesage thatg indicate the stand and end of a message group related to a business object ... and in which message variables the key of the business object can be found."

For the messages EMMA011 and EMMA012 the message variable is (implicitely) defined as the message variable 2.

Going back to your question: I still do not fully understand where you are heading and what exactly you want to achieve. However, you can always define the EMMA011 message as triggering message and use a BAdI implementation to eventually decide if you want to have the system a clarification case created due to the additional (error) message if it is related to a particular message class.

Prerequiresite is, of course, you enable the related business process for BPEM (what is FINV0001 business process code).

Please do not change the settings of the SAP delivered entries for the FINV0001 business process code since the settings are supposed to work as they are.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thanks for your support.

My requirement is that i am having 15 known different error which used to come while Invoicing.

While Invoicing I am getting error having Message type (FKKINV and >0) with multiple message numbers Kindly take example of the same and suggest.

My queries are:

1. Where should i configure the Message(Message class or message Number) related to these 15 errors(which are having different Message Class as well as different Message Number) - In Business Process code configuration or in Clarification Case Category configuration and How?

2. In future there may be some new errors as well due to some other reasons, what should i do so that those new errors will also be able to create Clarification cases?

Warm Regards,

SAPSD21

0 Kudos

SAPSD21,

ok, I think things become a bit more clearer.

re Q1: Please don't touch the SAP delviered Customzing of the FINV0001 business process code. You need to create clarification case categories with an appropriate configuration to meet your requirements.

a) Commonly, you create one clarification case category for each possibly occuring error message with a specific setup of solution processes to support the resolution of exactly the issue as indicated by the particular error message.

b) If you don't want to handle all error messages with separate but with onse single clarification case category, enter EMMA011 as the trigger message and follow the advises as described in chapter 6.3.2 of the BPEM implementation guideline.

c) if you want to create only very few clarification case categories that can handle multiple error messages, you can check for the existence of these messages in a complex condition and, if at least one of the error messages can be found, permit the autoamtic creation of clarification cases. Some customers/consultants do so; however, I am not in favor of such an implementation.

re Q2: As said above, chapter 6.3 discuss exactly this topic in all details including possible solutions.

Kind regards,

Fritz