cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

Under Object Privileges for HANA authorizations, each user gets assigned his own Object with access set to Create Any.

Like User XYZ will have XYZ under Object Privileges with Privileges set to "Create Any"

We want to be able to change these privileges...

Logging in with SYSTEM/SAPSID/XYZ does not allow us to make this change.

Please advise if there's a way we could change this ?

Maybe I'm missing something basic here

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saba,

Im not too sure I understand you.

Do you want to add further catalog Objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I want to be able to change the below (in yellow):

Please help advise...

Thanks a lot

-s.

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

So as far as I understand, what you are doing is not possible because this is a schema privilege. The only time this can be un-greyed out is if you create an object within the schema (ie a table). Then you can use these toggles but what you are trying to do will not work for you

So I see the same as you when I click on the user1 schema:

I created a quick table in this schema and then you can see this check boxes can now be ticked or unticked:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Michael

We had an issue the other day when a user created a synonym called  PUBLIC.<std.table> in HANA.

As a result, the get procedure in HANA started returning this PUBLIC record instead of SAPSID.<std. table> when queried by standard SAP programs.

This; in turn, led to Syntax errors for several standard programs in ABAP where we simply could not understand what had gone wrong suddenly.

In order to avoid this, we've decided to give users Execute/Select only access...no Create etc. in HANA.

Would you know what authorization in HANA needs to be removed so that users do not create "anything".

Thanks a ton !

saba.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

If a user XYZ has one object under him, lets say his own schema, no one can change it unless he gives access to change. That is what is my understanding on security.