cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCM/APO and Bioinformatics . . . Mark Finnern - are you listening?

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Although I have repeatedly said for ten years now that SAP could make a fortune in the bioinformatics arena, it recently occurred to me that the justification for my claim here can be neatly encapsulated as follows.

The fundamental "supply chain" of life - i.e. from protein message (mRNA) to protein chain (amino acid sequence which folds into a functional 3D protein) - can be characterized by two simple statements about supply and demand:

a) Protein structure "demands" amino acids of two types - hydrophobic (avoid water) and hydrophilic (OK around water).

b) The translation mechanism of the ribosome "supplies" these amino acids, using the "transportation lanes" of t(ransfer)-RNAs and associated synthetases which the organism has available at any given time.

So, I will be happy to relocate to Germany to join a bioinformatics skunk-works team in Walldorf, a team whose goal would be to turn observations (a-b) into a recurring cash stream for SAP.

In this regard, please note that my bioinformatic work is already known and respected in Germany:

Genetic Code Codon Symmetries

and of course, I am reasonably well-established as kind of a creative guy in the SAP technical subculture (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end of the 90s there was a startup that claimed as goal to become "the SAP of Bioinformatics"...

Its CEO won the "Manager of the Year" by the Manager Magazine (Lion Bioscience: "Die Strukturen kommen hinterher" - manager magazine) but unfortunately few years later that vision changed.

At that time, there was no standardisation, and bioinformatics was very much more an "art" than an industrially usable technology.

Now the time is mature - and I am glad that SAP took appropriate steps in that field.