cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between EHP8 and Nakisa 4.1 (OrgChart)

Olivier_Mountap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We implemented Nakisa 4.1 (OrgChart) a couple of years ago and we are thinking of upgrading ECC to EhP8. I wasn't able to find any information or notes on the compatibility between EHP8 and Nakisa 4.1

Does anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier.

A bit of an update for you.  Some colleagues of mine have recently been dealing with a Nakisa compatibility issue around NetWeaver 7.5.  They dropped me a note saying that (as of yesterday) subject to completion of a QA process there should be an SP3 version of 4.3 coming out in the next few months that will support not only NetWeaver 7.5 but also EhP8.

Please do not take this as any sort of official response.  Anything can happen, but it certainly sounds promising.

I would personally still use an OSS to pick this issue up with SAP/Nakisa.  It will permit you a formal response and may even add some momentum to whatever processes they may be running through internally to get a compatible SP3 release out.

Regards,

Stephen.

Olivier_Mountap
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

I opened an OSS ticket with SAP and here is the response I got (verbatim):

"Currently the Nakisa did not officially support for EHP8 yet, then there is not any version of Nakisa supports EHP8.

As we know that Nakisa is working on that, but did not the detailed timeline."

So, no official support for EHP8, but they are working on it.

Thanks for your help,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier.

Compatibility information is available on the VSN Wiki area - VSN Compatibility - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki.  Unfortunately you won't find EhP8 on there as Nakisa haven't released any updated (official) compatibility information since August 2015.  This is most likely due to their focus now being on the successor product suite - Hanelly.

I would suggest that you raise an OSS under XX-PART-NKS-VSN to get an official answer on this.  Unless someone else has already queried this with Nakisa I think that's your only reasonable course of action to get an accurate answer.

If you do contact Nakisa and get an update, please do share the results.

Regards,

Stephen.