cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actions Based on Milestone Date & Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! all,

I am working to setup a action to automatically complete a line item (complaint) when the status is declined manually 'I2211' and when the the claim is 1 day old. I believe I have this setup correctly from what I can find online but it is not working as expected .. as the action is not executing.

Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong ?

I first created a date type in spro that has the fields date type and milestone selected along with the following date rules:

Start + 1 day which uses SRV_CUST_BEG .. this would be for the start of a service document correct?

Within my date profile I have the following date rules start + 1 day and todays date.

Todays Date

This date profile is assigned to my action profile in which I have one action that is Z_COMPLETE_LINE which has method call of COMPLETE_DOCUMENT.

This action I put the following START condition on

After one day had passed I saw the action in was yellow but had not executed.

Where am I wrong on this? Is this related to the date profile setup or the action? This seems pretty straightforward but I am not having any success.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

- Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

Which option have you selected in action definition configuration?

Also, can you execute the action manually?

Hope above helps.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

So we had processing when saving the document. I went ahead and decided to test this one part at a time and I created a action with the method to complete document and condition when manual rejection is completed but the action is executing but failing with the action cannot be executed ... I am assuming this complete document is exactly what it says for completing a line item? So changing the status to completed?

Thanks

- Matt

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Yes, i think it will look at document being 'Complete' at header.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to guess if we want a similar action for a line item vs header we would need some custom code. Too bad they do not have this in standard!

- Matt

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would need action at line item, only if each line item has its own life cycle and independent other line items under same header.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew Biggs,

1.Instead of assigning the action to the header lever, You can assign this action to the item level action profile. if you want to use this different type of items, you can create a common action and assign it to the all profiles. By the way, what is the end result that you are looking here ? Have you  achieved it already ?

2. While defining the condition, on "processing details " tab there will be a check box to "Default setting from the action" .This indicates executing event determined from the action definition if marked. Check this too.

Regards

Loks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loks,

I did assign this to the item level and the action executed but failed with the stand action could not be executed.

My goal is to have an action complete a line item when a complaint is in status I2211 declined manually and it has been x amount of days. In my testing I was doing one day just for time sake.

I first wanted to just get an action that would complete a line when it was declined manually and as I said it executes but does fails. I thought maybe this COMPLETE_DOCUMENT is for the header only and not line item?

I will try that processing details  you have mentioned to see if it works at all.

- Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I got the issue I guess.

in order to trigger the milestones you have to activate a program in the back end.

Say you are scheduling the program today and you want to complete by tomorrow, then

while system reaches  tomorrow --> start day + 1. The document don't  know what to execute automatically. there is standard program to evaluate each actions that need to be scheduled with proper parameters with combinations of

Action profile :

action name :

transaction type:

to test this, remove Day + 1  and make as today'date = start date.

go to this program  and find out the corresponding document ( use object id and action profile name ) and execute the action . it will complete your action ( in green )

Check RSPPFPROCESS.

Let me know your results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Loks,

I have not been able to try this due to upgrades but this sounds like the solution. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Answers (0)