cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Integration-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me undertand, in an easier manner, how to detemine

I am reviewing the Server Based Groupware Integration document, all configuration is set, and am at the 'Transfer Business Partner Data to Groupware'.  But, I am concerned about pushing too much data to GW.  When I do the transfer, how do I know how many BPs will be transfered?  How can I contol the number?

I'm hoping someone can point me to an easy to understand explaination.

Thank you,

Wally

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The criteria is already set on this Replication Object (BUPA_MAIN).  It appears I can neither add or change the criteria.  Before I delete the Publication, Subscription, and Repl. Obj., could you confirm?

Thank you again, Wally 

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change or add criteria at replication object level and not on subscription level.

Thanks,

Kapil Patil

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below might be helpful:

Synchronization of Business Partner Data with Groupware - Groupware Integration Guide - SAP Library

I do not have access to system at the moment to verify above. You can filter the BP data for synchronisation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

Thank you for the document.  This is the exact place in the process that I am stopped at, Step 1 in Procedure- Starting the Initial Load.

I was hoping there was a document that better explained how to set the criteria and to determine how many records will come across.  We have 1 million accounts and 2 million contacts.  It would not be good to transfer this many.

Wally

Former Member
0 Kudos

In more detail-

I believe there are two places to setup criteria-  1. in SMOEAC and 2. specific to the user.

For #1, I've created a new GroupWare site (see GW SITE below) called ZEmail 1.  Our ECC to CRM data replication site is ECC.  I've added subscription and publication to replication object BUPA_MAIN.  BUPA_MAIN is shared between ECC and GW sites.   Criteria is only on country (see CRITERIA below).

For #2  Does the replication only pull accounts/contacts for specific employees?  How is this criteria setup?  

Thank you,

Wally

GW SITE

CRITERIA

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Criteria will filter the data only based on the filter i.e. country in your case and rest other replication still will work as it used to in your system prior to criteria set up.

There is possibility to replicate BP to GW based on number ranges  using segment field 'BPARTNER' in criteria.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

For #1-  in my documents, you can see two sites, our ER site and the GW site.  There is only one replication object that has one criteria defined.  Do you know if it is possible to define the criteria uniquely for each site?

For #2 Do you know if the replication has anything to do with the employees setup?

Thank you again,

Wally

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

# 1 - As far as i know, I don't think its possible to define criteria uniquely for each site

# 2 - Replication with BUPA_MAIN will be applicable for all Customers, Contacts and Employees.  If your requirement is to replicate only Customers and Contacts, then you can use criteria segment attribute IS_Customer. This will filter employees. And your site should subscribe to BUPA_REL.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil