cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For which SAP modules is BODs most used.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I work in Sap HR module mostly and currently use third party tools for extraction, and standard tools like idocs, lsmw, etc. for importing.

My question is, is BODs used also in the HR module, or in which modules is it intended.

I have googled to try and find an answer but don't really get a definite reply.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Glen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

Yes. Its possible to use BODS for both extraction and loading of data both from SAP and Non SAP as both source and target and also SAP has standard Rapid Deployment Jobs (RDS) pre build jobs which can be directly used for loading of data in SAP as target.

You have to spend time only for extraction and transformation logic but loading of data RDS jobs are available which used IDOC's you need to map that it. Then data load will be taken care by BODS.

Detailed information on RDS content is available in below link.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can this also be used in the SAP HR module?

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

Yes. Of course you can use it. Its readily available. Its kind of plug and play.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's called SAP Data Services now , BODS is long gone

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Name has changed to SAP BusinessObjects Data Services in 2010, to SAP Data Services in 2012 !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

And latest version for SAP Data Services is 4.2

0 Kudos

Hi,

I used BODS for SAP ECC and also using idocs and lsmw as well for loading. Well BODS, is well integrated to any SAP systems. You may migrate data using BODS from Legacy to SAP systems or even to disparate systems. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Cha

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply.

Cna this also be used in the SAP HR module, as it seems that mostly it is used in SD, MM, CRM?