Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori iView on Portal launches desktop version of Fiori app only

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently we have created Fiori iView for My Inbox Fiori application which is running on the gateway server.

While all open issues with Fiori Launchpad on Portal gets resolved, we have configured Portal On Device (smartphone framework page) for Portal to access on mobile devices.

We have enabled this Fiori iview to be visible as the icon on the Launcher page of the POD. Also, we had made it to open in the new separate window as Fiori app could not load correctly within POD framework.

Now, when we launch this Fiori iView, it gets opened successfully in new window. However, on Mobile device it gets loaded as the desktop version and application is not getting adapted to the mobile device size. We have to zoom in to see the contents.

To reduce the possible issues, we have tried to launch the same Fiori app with the standalone URL (given below) to see how it gets loaded on the mobile device as standalone application. It was adapted to mobile device size and look and feel got adjusted accordingly.

So, it means, when same application gets launched with Fiori iview, we are having this issue.

Do I need to pass any special parameters in the Fiori iview in order for Fiori app to get adjusted for mobile version?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinay_baji2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download the SAP fiori client from the app store and provide the standalone url as the link to 'inbox', provided the url is accessible over extranet.

With regards to the pop up in new window, do you click on a tile and then are navigated to the new window, where you get the desktop version? If yes, then I am afraid you will not be able to use the fiori client as it will not support pop-up.

regards,

vinay

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have fiori? then to use POD?

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

We have Fiori configured and running on Front End server. Now, we would like to integrate with Portal and launch the Fiori app as standalone app from Portal.

To do this, we have created Fiori iview pointing to the Fiori app - My Inbox.

Now, to launch the portal from Mobile, we have utilized the POD as Fiori Launchpad on Portal is still not working and have some issues.

-Bhavik

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fiori can run on mobile. pod is dead long long time ago.

who tell u this kind of design?

former_member188396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a long term we would like to use Fiori solution but as we are having some challenges and issues right now with Fiori, we are utilizing the POD which was already there and enabled for us.

We are using POD solution as of now and want to utilize the Fiori App - My Inbox from it.

POD might have been gone from the SAP horizon, but it is still available in the system.

That being said, I would request you to let me know how Fiori app running through Fiori iView be adapted to mobile version depending on from which device it is running?

-Bhavik