Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give 5 reasons why a person should opt for sap career at 40 plus yrs old?

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone give five most valuable reasons why a person at 40 plus years old should opt for an SAP as career.

WR, PS R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- would like to work with a great brand.

- It's to late for a soccer career

- From 40 you're old enough to recognize the happiness

- Men know about 40 where the limits are - behind them

- need the big money to afford the candles as they cost more than the cake now

13 REPLIES 13

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- would like to work with a great brand.

- It's to late for a soccer career

- From 40 you're old enough to recognize the happiness

- Men know about 40 where the limits are - behind them

- need the big money to afford the candles as they cost more than the cake now

0 Kudos

good one with diplomatic answer. Thanks Mr. Juergen L Sir

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen Sir,

-

-

-

-

-

Thanks for your valuable reasons

With Regards,

PS R

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

Good question you are asked. Mr. Jurgen Sir had explained the correct thing. I agree with him.

Benefits are :

1.  First thing you should understand SAP is a Career not Job. ( This word 'Career' itself give a detailed answered).

Career Meaning :  'an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress'.

Cambridge Dictionary:

'The job or series of jobs that you do during your working life, especially if you continue to get better jobs and earn more money'

2. Your Skills both technical and functional plays a vital role in the SAP Job. Of course Communication and process knowledge also important along with domain.

3. Opportunities meet with top level management,business owner and CEO.

4. SAP is Global Career Job. If you have a skill you can work anywhere in the world. But Certification is a tag mark for additional along with domain knowledge.

5. Last but not least age is just a number. It is never too late. SAP is Professional field. So, age is not a constraint provided one who with an hardcore knowledge of SAP module. Even though if you have not get a job. you can work as freelancer, mentor , corporate trainer , Advisory Board member and etc.

and then Rest will follows.

Kindly note:

The same detailed answer had been published in my blog also Kindly do visit.

All the best.

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek for your comments and also for posting blog on this. Good

WR,

PS R

0 Kudos

Hi PS R,

You are most welcome. Just sharing a good information. That's all.

Best wishes,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no forum for potential rocket scientist to post "How much fuel should I load into this rocket to reach mars?" But you can ask contextually similar things in SAP.

0 Kudos

Actually, there is a forum for rocket scientists (or would-be rocket scientists) to ask questions about how to plan a route between planets:

https://www.physicsforums.com/tags/orbital-mechanics/

0 Kudos

Damn nerds, always foiling some evil plans.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean start a career?

Well, depends on your background and previous experience.

Also there are so many roles available that the answer is always: Yes

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seriously? We're starting this conversation over again? Here, I'll rehash... er, link to... my previous responses for this:

(yes, I know, looks the same, but it's a different response in the same long thread)

And, the classic from Thorsten Franz:

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As opposed to early retirement? 0 reasons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guess there must be something magical about being 40. I think your background should play a huge part in the decision.

The thread below  has good points on career change to SAP.  Career in SAP - PS at the age of 42. 

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2123456

I guess if one is considering a career change to SAP at 42 so it's possible at 40.

Cheers,

Faith