Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP : Table has reached maximum possible Size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I run sap on db2 9.7 FP 6 on Aix 6.1

My tablespaces were created in db2 V9.5 (Non reclaimable).

Recently, I started getting following error in db2 diag logs

Table has reached maximum possible size.

Architecturalpage limit reached

Tablespaces size is approx 540 GB and table for I am getting error has its size 529GB including indexes. Tablespaces is 4K large.

Attached screenshot of actual error.

Pls suggest to resolve this error.

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the maximum table size in V9.7 in a 4K tablespace  is larger than 540GB.

I conclude that you did never convert your tablespaces from REGULAR to LARGE as described in the SAP database upgrade guides. Please have a look and proceed as described there.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

No tablespaces is large, I checked twice.

This tablespaces is created in 9.7 only. It has not been migrated from older db2 version

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe your table is not yet large RID enabled. Please check chapter 6.1 in the SAP database upgrade guide to DB2 version 9.7. You will find all related information there.

Another alternative is to rename the data and index tablespace, create new 16K tablespaces of the old names, and use DB6CONV to move all tables of the old tablespace to the new tablespace. Doing this you get new reclaimable storage tablespaces, you can activate compression, you get large rids and new table size limits all in one step. The disadvantage is that you will have to create a new 16K bufferpool and a new 16K temp space to do this. So intermediatelly you will have a database with multiple buffer pools and mixed page size. So over time you should convert all user tablespaces to 16K.

Regards

Frank