Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arabian phrase issue in phrase management

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

When I created a new  phrase , I had to maintain chines  as a description , but the system came out as ???? .May be it did not recognise chinese language . Now with these languages related issue , whom should I contact or where do I go to fix this ? I also have issue with other languages as well .Any help ?

K G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Can you update plz.

WR,

PS R

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PSR,

may be you can check the below document, which will help you resolve your queries.

-

Regards

Dhinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

In Phrases if you maintain the language conversion accordingly & the same thing you have to maintain in generation variant as well on in which languages your going print MSDS.

In characteristics case yes should have maintain in description level then you can see in Property Tree.

At which level your got stuck ? in Report generation your not getting desired language ??

Can elaborate question with Screen shot so that we can give clear solution .

Thanks

Satya

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor

Dear Satya

your feedback is not "clear".

"In Phrases if you maintain the language conversion accordingly & the same thing you have to maintain in generation variant as well on in which languages your going print MSDS."

I believe your second part is "to short". (or I misinterpret your sentence). I assume that you talk in the last part about the generation variant and needed set up for "G group". But this has "in theory" no effect (according to my experience) if a phrase come up "normal" or as "????"

For ""In Phrases if you maintain the language conversion accordingly" i have no clue what you would like to explain You "just" maintain data (code, text, etc.) using a language; that is not"conversion" it is a "translaiton"

For "In characteristics case yes should have maintain in description level then you can see in Property Tree."

as wewl i can not follow your explanation. It seems to be that the topic of Krishan is a "phrase translation" set up topic; but your topic is more or less related to the question: if i log on in SAP using "chinese" lamnguage: what will happen... and in thsi case you are right: Then you will see the "chinese descritpion" of the characteristic (and if phrase is prepare properly you should see chinese translation)

PLease extend your feedbac to make it more clearer

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

please show more information here if you ask a question. This is my interpretation of what you have written

1.) you still can maintain a phrase using "chinese" language (whatever version)

2.) but you have issues I assume in WWI report??

3.) or do you have issues in CG12?

4.) or in CG02?

The set up of SAP ERP system for asian langauge is note easy and especially arabian as a language is "super" special

in context of

"will this resolve translation in characteristics as well ? in ct04 , in description tab we can maintain translation . If some error comes there as well , how do we fix ? any idea"

My answer is: No this will not fix this; languages are "core SAP ERP set up". We in EHS use then only "on" top and they set up of new langauges is not related to EHS

C.B.

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I f you are looking for phrase management language selection, check as follows and define required language and check.

Select as above & create new entry.

In above screen you can define new entries.

Good Luck

With Regards,

PS R

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

will this resolve translation in characteristics as well ? in ct04 , in description tab we can maintain translation . If some error comes there as well , how do we fix ? any idea