Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX 7.1 Rev 62 - Update <SID>adm and SAPService<SID>

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to update TREX sidadm and SAPServiceSID. I have done this before successfully in Windows 2008 and IIS 7. The note 1036078 - TREX 7.0/7.1:<SAPSID>adm/SAPService<SAPSID> password change  addresses the steps to be performed.

This is the first time I am doing it in Windows 2012 and IIS 8.5. I am following the notes above but i keep getting the error "execIISCtrlOnNameServer failed: 2, Logon failed: logon user error: The user name or password is incorrect"

Is there any other place we need to manually update the password in IIS 8.5 in order for the password change to work?

The following is the resolution from the note. I could not find the equivalent step in IIS 8.5 for the bolded step.

TREX 7.0

A) Password for Windows Service SAPService<SAPSID> was changed.

If you have changed the password for SAPService, you must update the password in the following locations:

For the Windows Service SAPService<SAPSID>

a) Start Computer Management -> Services.

b) Choose 'Properties' for the responsible TREX.

c) You can update the password data on the 'Log On' tab. (Otherwise you cannot restart the service)

For the IIS:

a) Update the password for the corresponding application pool:

To do so, choose the properties of the application pool and update the relevant data on the 'Identity' tab.

b) You also update the password for the virtual directory of the corresponding TREX website (and possibly also for the actual website): Directory Security -> Anonymous Access -> Edit

c) Check whether the SAPServiceS<SAPSID> is in use and update the password if necessary.

TREX 7.10

B) Passwords were changed

Use the TREX admin tool:

Connectivity menu -> Http tab

a) Choose the 'remove Http server' pushbutton.

b) Choose the 'add Http server' pushbutton.

c) Choose the 'repair all' pushbutton (you will be asked for the passwords for SAPService<SID> and <SID>adm gefragt.)

Or, if you are using a newer version:

a) Choose 'use Http server = no' and then choose 'yes' again.

Or in even newer versions:

b) Choose the "Update Passwords ..." pushbutton.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-RT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh, do you try to reset the password from the TREXAdminTool ? Do you get an error message in the TREXAdminTool too , or just the mentioned error message in the TrexIISCtrl trace? Did you already update the password in the services console or not yet? What's the TREX version you use? Best regards, Mikhail

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mikhail,

Yes, I updated the passwords in TREXAdminTool. I get a popup in TREX admin tool continuously when switched to connectivity->http tab (see below). It comes repeatedly and every instance of the popup one entry of logon failed is created in TREXIISCtrl trace. Trex version is 7.10 Rev 63.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Good day!

Have you solved the issue? We are encountering same issue and we have same TREX version as well.

Thank you.

Ivy