cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in INPUT_FIELD Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved:The other view node does not contain any elements (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing webdynpro screen  with reusable components of WDC1 (only Table UI element NODE1 with 0..n Cardinality) and other components WDC2(Details of table selection in WDC1 same NODE1 with 0..N cardinality).

When I am selecting one record from WDC1 then i am displaying the selected record details in the WDC2 details screen

When the Table in WDC1 has no Records then getting the DUMP as

Error in INPUT_FIELD of WDC2.V_MAIN Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved:The otherWDC1 view node does not contain any elements (termination: RABAX_STATE) .

If no entries in table then details input fields are binding with null values so the dump is coming.

Could you please suggest for this dump.

Thanks & Regards,

Vasantha Rani D.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rani ,

Try creating a exception to capture when table is empty .

Since you are using the records selected from WDC1 ( empty here ) and passing them to WDC2( context data value empty ) your getting an error ..

Regards,

Bharathi

Vasantha_D
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Thank you for the reply.

Could please provide the exception creation code.

Regards

Vasantha Rani D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth ,

I will not be able to provide you the exact code , but can help with how to proceed with similar code

There are different ways to catch an error in WDA or messages which can be raised .

click on Code Wizard ( control + F7 )  then Generate message -> Select the message type - Error, Success, Exception.

or you can directly use sy-subrc after your select query or write a simple if statement and

then call message API and pass you message ..

DATA lo_api_controller     TYPE REF TO if_wd_controller.

DATA lo_message_manager    TYPE REF TO if_wd_message_manager.

lo_api_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

CALL METHOD lo_api_controller->get_message_manager

RECEIVING    message_manager = lo_message_manager  

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_error_message

EXPORTING

message_text             = lv_message "string

If you want to pass a message type I you will have to explicity mention it default will be an error message

like "    MESSAGE i024(zhcmft) INTO lv_message"

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_warning
EXPORTING
message_text = lv_message."string

Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth ,

Did that work ?

Regards,

Bharathi