Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Paramaters to Standard Quick Create Inport

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a standard Custom BO from that I am trying to create an Opportunity.I am successfully able to call the Standard QC of Opportunity.

But my actual requirement is to pass my Custom BO's alternative key to the Opportunity Object while creating and also few fields like Account ,Owner needs to be picked up automatically while calling the QC of Opportunity.

I dont have any idea on how  to extend the inport of Opportunity QC to add these parameters.

Kindly provide me an approach to handle this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Navin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Navin,

Sorry, you can not enhance the inport of a SAP UI direct.

But: You may add an extension field to the Opportunity and place it on the UI (you can still hide it later). This will create a new Inport / Outport which can be used.

HTH,

Horst

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

As you mentioned I have an Extension field in the Opportunity and I enhanced it to the QC of Opportunity.

But Everytime when I call the QC of Opportunity from my Custom BO I need to Manually fill the

Extension Field.In some cases if I failed to fill the field means the newly created opportunity will be no way related to my Custom BO instance.

To avoid such scenarios only am looking for a work around to fill that extension field with the Custom BO Alternative key everytime when I call the QC of Opportunity.

Regards,

Navin

PerihanMedhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi horst.schaude

I am facing the same problem while navigating from custom button inside custom EC on Installation Point TI screen navigating to opportunity quick create and need to pass the installation Point ID to IT.

I have extended the Opportunity object with an installation point ID extension field and then added another EC carrying that extension field to the opportunity quick create and created the inport but it is never catched.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Navin.

Let me try this and update.

PerihanMedhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello gayathri.ramachandran

I am facing something similar, did you find a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navin,

I think you're not able to do it.

1) You could create an action in your BO that creates an opportunity by code and save the Opp ID in your custom BO.

2) Create a buttom on your list to call this action and refresh the list.

3) Create a column in your list with the opportunity ID you created and link "Opp_TI" to this ID.

It makes sense?

Best regards,

Alexandre.

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

The requirement is to simulate a standard process of creating Opportunities from the Custom BO.If I create via QC option I can make changes in a flexible way before clicking save.

But if I go via Action everything will be done in ABSL ,I cannot make dynamic changes.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navin,

Well, then I think you'll only be able to achieve such automation if what Horst said is true, that if you add an extension field to opportunity then an inport will automatically appears. I'm sure it happens with outports, but inports I'm not.

Otherwise, what you're trying to do may be not possible without user interaction in Opp_QC.

Regards,

Alexandre.

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

I have an extension field in the Opportunity currently.How should I proceed now.Could you give me some details on this.

Regards,

Navin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navin,

Apparently, when you add an extension field to QC only an "ExtensionFieldsOutport" is created. Considering that, I think you can't pass values to the standard QC.Opp_QC

You should fill the extension field in QC (customBO ID) manually, make it mandatory to save and load all other info by code (aftermodify or beforesave). I don't see any other option.

Best regards,

Alexandre.

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for your details.I will try with the approach you just mentioned and get back to you if I face any difficulties.

Regards,

Navin

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Yes, I face this problem in COD_Appointment_QC, I have an extension field which is an ID field that need to be passed.

But since the Inport extensibility is missing, I'm unable to pass, and again requesting the user to fill the ID is not a real good idea.

Is there any other ideas.

Thanks

Gayathri

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

1.Create an EC in the QC of Appointment

2.Create a custom action to write your logic for filling the extension field.

3.Create an Event handler in the EC for initializing the EC by mapping the alternative key (Appointment ID)

4.Add one more event under the initialize event handler of type BO Action to call your action.

5.Hide the EC in the UI designer.

Now whenever you open the QC_Appointment your custom action will fill the extension field.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Navin

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi navin,

I couldn't follow the point 2 &

2.Create a custom action to write your logic for filling the extension field.

<< Do you mean adding action to the Activity extension BO ?>>

3.Create an Event handler in the EC for initializing the EC by mapping the alternative key (Appointment ID)

<< Can you please elaborate. I couldn't get in completely >>

Thanks in Advance

Gayathri

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Create a custom action under appointment ROOT node.In that action write your logic to fill the extension field.

This action now will fill your extension field without any user interruption.In order to call this action you need to create an EC in the QC of Appointment. Map the public outport of QC_Appointment with the new EC's inport.

Now come to EC's inport and under the Onfire property call an event handler.And also make sure Request Autofire and AutoRefire to TRUE.

Now under the event handler of EC create a BO read operation to read the Appointment using the Inport Parameter.

Under the same event handler call your BOAction.

Now whenever QC loads your EC will also be loaded and the custom action under the EC will also be called which will fill the extension field.

Finally hide the EC in the UI designer.Kindly let me know if you need any details.

Regards

Navin

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thanks for the details,

I tried doing this, and got stuck on the Custom Action.

The action file is at Activity level, and how is it possible to access QN which is in another context.

I don't get this point alone, rest all is fine w.r.t embedded component.

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Request your support on this.

Thanks

Gayathri

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need few inputs from your side.

Please give me some details about the extension field and from which screen you are trying to open the QC of Appointment.

Regards

Navin

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Navin,

This is my Extension BO - that has an extension field to link to the custom BO.( QN.BO )

The relation is One QN will have 0-* Appointments.

In the QN - TI screen, I have a facet called Activities.

The Appointment QC has the Extension field enabled.

Please let me know if this helps you to identify.

Thanks

Gayathri

former_member187149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Now I understood your requirement.In this scenario you cannot go with the above approach.

What you can do is create a node to store the appointment details in your custom BO and for that node create a list modification form.Design your list modification form similar to the standard QC of Appointment and also place QN number as a part of that form.

Pass the QN number to that form using assign operation in the UI designer.

While saving that in the event before save of your appointment node in custom bo call the create action of appointment and fill the mandatory parameters for creation along with the QN number.

Once the appointment instance is created create an association with the standard Appointment BO .

If create function does not work call the webservice of appointment inside that event before save.

In this way whenever you can achieve this requirement.

Regards

Navin

gayathri_ramachandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Thanks for the response. Infact I started with this same approach.

I will update the outcome.

Thanks

Gayathri