cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ Client installation silent doesnot work

0 Kudos

HI Guru's,

I am trying to create a response.ini file to be able to use that for installing BOBJ client tools silently in users desktop.

I am following the SAP guide where the instructions as below.

Steps Executed:

1) setup.exe -w <PATH>/responsefile.ini

2) When I execute the above command I do get gui and but the wizard only take me till the point where it says install ( Screen shot attached), after that it vanished

3) Now once it vanishes there is a File created on Desktop for some reason

4) setup.exe -r <PATH>/response.ini ( but it just laugh command prompt and then disappear)

All the steps and screen shot attached.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Shravan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no screenshot or any other attachments in your post. which file is being created on desktop ?
what is the exact command you're using ?

0 Kudos

Here are the screen shots, I think the way I am trying is correct since I see response.ini file creating but since the first time installation for create the response file is not completely done. As in if u the last screenshot below , that's where it stops and gui vanishes when I click instead of installing completely.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vanishing is normal, you're running setup mode which records your choices and creates response file.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, so you mean to say its the correct behavior since when I manually execute the install it has more steps then this, so if we record all the steps then only response file will be completed correct?