cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS: Data Selection and Data Transfer phase taking running longer time than expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am running TDMS ECC package time slice reduction for one-year data, data selection and transfer phase taking long time expected. I have done following to improve the performance but still its running slow and not using all server resources.

1) I am using parallel processing for data selection for large table

2) TDMS server group configured since I have application servers on control/central system

3) DB in NONarchive log mode

4) I have dropped indexes before data transfer starts

5) I am transferring close 2TB data from sender to receiver system

6) Enough batch and dialog process are free on control/central , sender and receiver system

after doing all this, package is running slow, please advise how I can improve the performance. ? Thanks in advanced.

Thanks Atul-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

You seems to have already performed most of the performance improvement techniques.

I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest SP to get the best performance out of the header activities using the new and improved header programs. These programs are part of standard from SP09.

You could also raise an incident with a reference package. We can have a look and see which activity is taking time and recommend the appropriate performance improvement techniques to you.

Thanks,

Sreejith Rajashekaran

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of TDMS you are on and also are you using RFC based transfer or file export

Please have a check on below note

1450173 - Performance problems in TDMS data transfer: "HOLD CPIC"

1741455 - TDMS 4.0 - Basis Composite Note

Regards,

Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

we have TDMS 4.0 SP10 and I am using RFC based transfer. I have implemented recommendation from composite note and apply some OSS notes as well.

some of the tables like (BKPF, KONV_NEW, VBUK etc.... )
Do I need to maintain any settings in table view V_CNVMBTACTPAR for any specific tables.

Thanks
Atul-