Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom theme for WDA in EHP7 ?

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Need your advise on below.

We are using Portal 7.4 and which is integrated to ECC EHP7.

Requirement : to alter look and feel of WDA screens.

in EHP5 - I have found themes under "/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/" and then import and export of theme is done by using "BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS" into newly created folder called "/CUSTOM/MY_THEME" ( /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/custom/MY_THEME), then updated Application Parameters in Portal with sap-cssurl=MY_THEME and it works

in EHP7 - No themes were found under "/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/" folder, so shall I import "ur_mimes_nw7.zip" to extract theme ?

The folder "/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/" is EMPTY, is it safe to create a folder called "/CUSTOM/MY_THEME" under "/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/" to export custom theme ?

Where I refer to WDA screen, those are referring to /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/NW5/THEMES/SAP_TRADESHOW/ theme but NW5 doesn't have any theme folders.

Is there any other better alternative we have in EHP7, the requirement is complex, not only changing colors, we have adjust spacing between elements as well.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please be aware that on system's with SAP Netweaver 7.4 and above, UI Theme Designer should be used to modify themes. UI Theme Designer is a tool to create custom themes using SAP standard themes as base themes and also we can edit the custom themes.

Prerequisites for UI Theme Designer: Prior to Netweaver 7.4, you need to install UI Add-on for Netweaver 1.0 SP04 or higher. With SAP Netweaver 7.4 SP04, UI theme designer is a part of Netweaver.

Please read more about the UI Theme Designer here:

Also, please note that when using Custom Themes on Portal, the style sheet version number of the SAP Portal must be the same as or higher than the style sheet version from the Web Dynpro ABAP application, as per SAP Note 1446099.

Regards,

Felipe

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your time.

I have few concerns.

1) Is it possible to edit the .css file of theme generated using "theme designer", as our UI changes are complex.

2) I have found theme like sap_goldreflection in theme designer, but appending url param sap-theme=sap_goldreflection doen't work when I execute WDA directly from ECC, it still points to the theme "sap_tradeshow" which is under "/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes"

3) Any possibility of downloading "gold_reflection" theme from ecc and upload it under "/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes" and then edit .css file manually ?

Thanks