Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPD Datasource Extraction

former_member333019
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to the ODP datasource extraction; I have read several documents and trying to follow the steps to establish the ODP connection.

Here I have some questions and issues that i encountered that hope I can get answers here. Thanks in advance !!

I have a BW server(740 SP14) and would like to extract data from ERP(ECC6 EHP7 on HANA) using ODP

1. While setting up the "Search and operational Analysis" in IMG, for the "Specify Client for Modeling", I have to enter Modeling Client & Destination,

1.1  Do I this on ERP server right ?

1.2  "Modeling Client" means the current ERP client number ?

1.3  Do I choose our BW server for Destination?

2. After Activating the function "LOG_SD_ANALYTICS_01", I executed the transaction [BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION] to try to activate BI Content.

2.1 Firstly I maintained "RFC Mapping" by adding my [BW system] and checked as "Local" then filled in the "RFC Destination for Content Object"; In the "Source Systems for Datasource Replication", I selected "Current Logon Client"(SAP ERP); Are these settings correct ?

2.2 According the parameters above, after activating, I've got several error messages but have no clue how to solve them:

Thanks for your patient, please help if possible ~

B.R

Charlie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member71289
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

there are (at least) two different scenarios that are covered by Operational Data Provisioning:

1) ODP for operational analytics - embedded in SAP ERP / S4HANA

This is using BEx queries inside the SAP ERP / S4HANA system for operational reporting without replicating data. This one is not applicable for your usecase, as you want to extract data to SAP BW. The screenshots you have added however shows the configuration of this scenario.

Documentation

2) Replication via ODP framework, e.g. to SAP BW

I guess this is what you want to achieve, best to read the following FAQ:

FAQ: SAP BW & Operational Data Provisioning'

Best regards,

Andreas