cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers cleared after document is approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue with one SC in production. In a 2 step approval process, the second/final approver has approved the document and the follow-on document is created.

But the approver information is lost from the shopping cart and the default approval step(as shown below) is determined. We are using Application controlled workfllow in SRM module.

No approver/administStrategy No approver/administ did not determine any approvers

I have checked using the tcode bbp_bg_approval and found that we have no issues with approval determination logic in BADi, as I could still see the desired approvers being determined. In the workflow log, I could see the steps and approvers information.

But in BBP_PD, This is found.

Could you please help me on how to get the approvers back , so that they are visible on approval preview.

PS: We are on SRM 7 and using application controlled workflow.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik ,

We have faced this issue before in our production system and lately we had to perform some coding in the backend system to retain the approver. Basically this happens when

1. there are added approvers in the list and at the same time there is some change in the hierarchy.

2. Buyer has added another buyer who is having problem with the id in the org structure .

I have done a close lookup with this issue and done the coding to stop this error in the FM BBP_WFL_DIN_APPR_CONTAINER_GET and now we are not facing this issue anymore . Also once the workflow users are lost you can't retain it back we have tried that as well .

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you mean, you have done enhancement BBP_WFL_DIN_APPR_CONTAINER_GET, to rectify the problem?

In our case, We have not changed the hierarchy either in approval tables, or in org structure. Then it could be a system glitch or one time issue, as it didnt happen with other carts approved by same approver.

Even I tried retrieving approvers back, but couldn't. Just wanted to hear from others too if, there's any chance of it before closing the discussion.

Best Regards,

Karthik

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik ,

Yes this issue happens randomly . We were facing for one specific country to I have to perform the enhancement in order to retain back the approvers after its lost so . Its good that you faced once . It happens for the few scenarios which I defined above and we were able to replicate the issue in QA . mainly when buyer adds another buyer at the end of the workflow which was the common one.

Regards

Gaurav

Answers (0)