Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing - Access Method

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone let me know the situation where I can go for printing with access method as "S".

We have unix server in which SAP runs and Windows system as a print server and we are using "U- Berkleys protocol" now.

Also I hope SAPSprint will run in the windows machine which will ease the printing.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jegan,

SAPSPrint can only run on Windows servers, so if you install it on a supported Windows system, then it should be fine.

The OS of the R/3 where the spools will be sent from to SAPSPrint is indifferent.

Here is an overview of SAPSPrint:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw75/helpdata/en/4e/658e17eb334dafe10000000a42189b/content.htm

And actual steps to install SAPSPrint on the remote Windows server:

SAP Note #894444 - "Tool for server-based printing on Microsoft Windows (SAPSprint)".

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

I could understand and now here are my settings,

SAP is running on Unix

Print server is running on Windows

I do understand that we need to have SAPSprint service running in Windows server.

We are using Access method as "U" for the above said configuration. My question is can i use the access method "S" for this configuration?

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jegan,

yes, you can use Access Method S for SAPSPrint.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

But we are using "U - Access Method" here and as per SAP's standard we can use either "S" or "U" i hope.

Regards,

Jegan Raj

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jegan,

yes, SAPSPrint can interpret both Access Method S and U.

However, 'S' has been specifically created for SAPSPrint, while 'U' is the "old" Berkeley-Protocol standard.

So if something needs to be changed in the protocol, SAP can do it easily for Access Method S, but Access Method U (and therefore the Berkeley-Protocol) is an RFC (Request For Comment)-standard, so fixes are not likely.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Answers (0)