cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Change for selected field

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement in MDM with regards to data change. Please let me know is there any solution for this scenario.

Data flow   :    ECC-->PI-->MDM (SP11) -->Target System

Requirement :

In MDM system we have 50 fields in Main table and tuple. MDM system receive the delta changes from PI using inbound interface through port. Out of these 50 fields if there is any changes in the data for selected 10 fields, these 10 field names need to be syndicated in the outbound port. Target system don't want all the 50 fields to be syndicated.

Please suggest is there any possible solution for this scenario

Regards

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

All,

Any Suggestion???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

This is very much possible using a workflow which gets launched on import of data into MDM.

You can put a validation which checks if the values have changed.If TRUE do a syndication of these fields if FALSE syndicate as per requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for the response.

Can you please provide more details like, how to validate if a field value is changed or not.

If I have 25 fields in the main table and tuple level , out of these 25 fields if there is change in the three field values. How to validate these three field values got changed/updated out of 25 fields.

Please note, time stamp field is available in main table, there is no time stamp in tuple.

Need help with more details. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

My assumption is that you are using CheckOut functionality when changes are not final.

So if you are using MDM Workflow you can use validation which compares Orginal and CheckedOut version.For three fields you can give an OR condition in the expression.

PLease use this thread for one such example -

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2116591

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for your suggestions.

Below expression works for me.

LDVERIFIED=[ORIGINAL].LDVERIFIED

In addition to this I have another requirement. if the above validation result is TRUE, then field name (LDVERIFIED) need to be syndicate in the file (outbound port). Pls note - only changed field name is required ( value is not required)

There are totally 25 fields with above conditions.

Please suggest