Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM Alerts - Job

AshishV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear EM Experts,

I have a question about EM alerts. We have alerts (delayed alerts) configured for the events.  But the alerts job (/SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR) is OFF.

Now we want to run & schedule the job /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR. But last time, when we ran this then it took all the overdue alters till date and sent hundreds of emails to our carriers.

Do we have a best practice to achieve this with sending too many emails?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Try using /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK with your event code and dates as selection and see if it works for you. Do it in non-prod environment first. Other than that, I am guessing you have to customize your /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR to process only a specific EH and Events.

Thanks,

Vishnu

AshishV
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll check and come back. About /SAPTRX/EE_MONITOR_PACK, I need to put the limit of the dates, but how can I put the "Date to" when I am putting this report in a JOB.

Regards,

Ashish

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you save the variant (to be used in the job) you need to use standard dynamic date calculation available for all date fields in selection variants. See below...

To dynamically determine Date From and Date To save the variant as follows:

Date From is a Dynamic Date variable = Current Date - 1 and Date To is a Dynamic Date variable for Current Date. This gives you a moving window of yesterday and today... Standard functionality

Thanks

Kevin

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just create a variant for the job and in SM36 reference the variant.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

The below document provides different expected event monitors in SAP EM and selection options.  Check your system which SAP EM version and apply SAP OSS notes appropriately if you don't find the EE monitor. 

SAP EM – Enhancements of Expected Event Monitor

Regards

GGOPII