Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML parse error

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please provide your valuable suggestions for the error we are facing in the below scenario.

Scenario:

We are performing the Address Validation where,

input is Street and City,given to GAC transform(GB directory) which returns suggestions list related to it.

We are holding the Suggestion list in the XML structure, that's where we are facing the parsing issue.

Please find the below error for reference:

Note: For some inputs its working perfectly fine i.e. when input street and city the directory returns suggestion list and list is getting perfectly mapped to the XML structure prepared by us.

My current XML has UTF-8 encoding and I presume that some of the characters returned by the directory in suggestion list aren't supported by XML and as a result the XML is failing to parse if that is the case then How can I match the encoding of the directory and the XML?

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would start by looking at this kba: 1721845 - how to use suggestion lists.  it does link you to a wiki page which has detailed information on how to use them.  We have changed suggestions list some since the pages were written, but based on the error you're getting I think this should help get you started in the correct direction. 

If you want to know what the suggestion list is going to return, you can set it up to run in Data Services Designer using an input xml file.  The standard debug processing would enable you to look at what Data Services is sending to your application. 

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Virginia for your prompt response.

Actually we were following the same note referred by you.

When we do not implement the explicit suggestion list xml structure, everything works fine for the Street: Langley Walk and City:Birmingham.

After the explicit suggestion list xml structure, we are facing the above error but, this isn't the case for other data inputs.

We suspect that some of the non-printable characters aren't supported by the explicit xml structure and as a result xml is failing to parse the context.

I have attached my xml xsd file for reference. Please suggest your views.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santosh G.

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What specific version of Data Service?  14.x.x.xxx

Did you run it in Data Services designer using the Debug and make sure that the output of the suggestion is what you expect it to be? 

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Virginia for always being helpful

Current DS version : 14.2.5

Here, we observed that the issue is with the field size if the suggestion_list in the GAC transform whose current size is varchar(60000) which is maximum.

Once the result reaches the limit, then it truncates the remaining result. After that we were doing mapping with the suggestion list XML structure which failed to map due to above error.

i.e. Output ended abruptly with </LOCAL tag(instead of </LOCALITY1>) which didn't make sense while mapping to the XML structure of the suggestion list and thus resulted into parsing error.

Is it possible to enhance the suggestion list field size in the GAC transform or do we have escalate the concern to SAP itself?

Thanks again.

Regards - Santosh G.

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The size of the suggestion list is by design.  You would have to log something to idea place to have it changed.  What are you getting as a suggestion reply that is more than 60000 bytes, and is it really what you want?  Do you have a lot of output fields that are empty tags? What is the suggestion count? 

former_member233108
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

Actually we are providing street and city as input which results into more than 300 suggestions,in some cases results exceed 400 for the GB directory.

We have selected only required fields which are populated almost every single time. We are expecting results on exact match for the street and the city input but SAP provides results on fuzzy search which is not relevant in our case(have logged an idea related to this SAP idea place).

For lowering down the results we are trying to inculcate one more parameter in the input, somewhat like house_num/building/company which might get us closer to the exact match.

Will log an idea to increase the size of suggestion list. Anyways it will take a way long to be implemented.

Regards - Santosh G.

virginia_hagen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

House number and postcode in the UK data will typically give you an assignment in a lot of cases, which is usually more desirable than trying to wade through a suggestion list of more than 300 entries.  The way the UK addressing system work, those two fields should be included.

Answers (0)