cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete an environment - SAP BPC 10

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm simply trying to delete an environment using the admin client but it fails after a few seconds with the following message.

I've tried to restart the BPC services or the application server, but it doesn't help.

I've also tried to delete another environment on the same instance (created a copy of environment shell) and it works.

I cannot find any logs and the error message doesn't help.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help,

Sacha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sacha

Are you saying there is nothing recorded in the tbllogs table? That would be the first place to look.

I would suggest to restart the database engine and try deleting again.

If that doesn't do it please open an incident with SAP support so we can investigate.

Thanks

Stefan

0 Kudos

I restarted the application server and the SQL but it didn't help.

I there procedure to do it manually?

Here's the extract of the tbllogs but it didn't help me much:

==============[System Error Tracing]==============

[System  Name] : OSoftAdminMainService

[Message Type] : ErrorMessage

[Job Name]     : ExecuteDeleteApplicationSet

[DateTime]     : 06/20/2016 10:06:27

[UserId]       : XXX\xxxxxx

[Exception]

DetailMsg  : {System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)

at OSoft.Services.Webservice.AdminMainService.AdminMainService.ExecuteDeleteApplicationSet(String strParameter, String strContext)}

==============[System Error Tracing  End ]==============

[System  Name] : AdminServerHandler

[Job Name]     : AdminAppSetHandler : ExecuteDeleteApplicationSet

[Exception]

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)

at OSoft.Services.Application.AdminMainServer.AdminAppSetHandler.SetAppSetAuditDelete(String strAppSet, String strUserID)

at OSoft.Services.Application.AdminMainServer.AdminAppSetHandler.ExecuteDeleteApplicationSet(String strAppSet, String strTargetApSetName, String strUserID, String strReportBackID)}

[System  Name] : AdminServerHandler

[Job Name]     : AdminAppSetHandler : SetAppSetAuditDelete

[Exception]

at OSoft.Services.Application.AdminMainServer.AdminAppSetHandler.SetAppSetAuditDelete(String strAppSet, String strUserID)}

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect there are more errors in the log somewhere before these errors.

If that is the case could you post them as well?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your help and sorry for not replying earlier.

I solved my issue by detaching the SQL DB and restoring a backup of environment shell using the same name as the DB I just detached.

The delete process went through without errors.