cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance the EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM with few customer fields and add F4 for Title field

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Am working on one SAP EHSM Incident management FPM Enhancement. I have enhanced the Component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM. I have changed the properties of few fields like labels, visible, invisible etc. Along with in component configuration search help also there. I created search help in DDIC and added it. But this is not working or not showing F4 values.

FYI

Report Incident

Application

Application:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Component:

EHS-MGM-INC-REC

Component:

FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Start Component

Component Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Component:

BC-WD-CMP-FPM

Current View

Component:

FPM_FORM_UIBB

Component Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM

Window:

FORM_WINDOW

View:

V_FORM

Application Component:

BC-WD-CMP-FPM

It's little urgent.

Thanks,

Yerukala Setty

+966 544426401

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Setty,

You have to make changes in feeder class CL_EHHSS_INC_Q_LOC_UI_FRM.

1. find out the business object and its node for the particular component.(bo-EHHSS_INCIDENT and Node - BASIC_INFO_ALL in your case).

2. Open transaction /n/BOBF/CONF_UI, and open business object.

3. Navigate to the node BASIC_INFO_ALL and double click on it. You have to add your extra fields either in data structure or  transient strcture. So that while enhancing the component configuration system will show those fields.

4. By default system will show only input fields, but if you want to add other than input fields you have to make code changes in  feeder class.

feeder class changes:

1. in get_definition method, read the internal table ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION with your field name, then change the field default_display_type into either RB(radiobutton) or CB (Checkbox) etc.(check with its domain values).

I think above details are enough.

Vikram P.

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

How to find the right node of each FPM application? Do we have any relation between Componenet configuration and data structure in /BOBF/CONF_UI.

Now I have one more application in EHSM module : EHHSS_INC_ENTRY_LACC of FPM_LIST_UIBB

Can you please let me know the relation or how to findout or if you have any experienced share the root node ?

Thanks,

Yerukala Setty

0 Kudos

Hi Setty,

EHS is maintained through BOPF framework, so we can expect each component configuration will connected to a single node of a business object or connected to directly a webdynpro component.

How to find correct node?

1. navigate to the screen where you need changes.

2. right click on where the name of the component is required and click on technical settings.

3. we might have three configurations,a. application b. component c. current component. Prefer C always to find the details. Click on the link(current component configuration).

4. You can find a. preview b. basic settings c. uibb details d. wiring etc

5. go to basic settings and find feeder class parameters.

6. A new popup with business object and node details or with view details will appear.

7. open transaction either /BOPF/CONF_UI, or  /BOPF/EDIT. To check where the enhancements to be done.

8. if you want to add extra fields, I already explained above. If you want to add actions, you have to use /BOPF/EDIT. Enhance the particular BO object and add your own action.

How to add action to the screen?

--repeat the steps up to 5 in development system.

6. Enhance it and go to uibb settings tab.

7. at the top you can find three different types of templates(view) for enhancing the component configuration, select the last one to show the complete properties of each field.

8. under melting group add your button or reference link, bottom it will show all the available properties of that button or link action. You can set your action which you added at transaction /BOPF/EDIT..

if it is difficult to add action in transaction /BOPF/EDIT?

1. Write code to add actions in method PUT_ADDITIONAL_ACTIONS.(Just check through exporting parameters you will easily understand (or) go to where used list of that method for reference).

2. after adding and activated, that action will show while editing the component configuration.

Regards,

Vikram

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your great inputs given till now.

As per your first reply I have added the custom fields to the BO: EHHSS_INCIDENT -> BASIC_INFO_ALL of the corresponding feeder class . Up on adding immediately which are appeared  in the component configuration.

Now, followed the same approach for adding the fields to the FPM_LIST_UIBB -> EHHSS_INC_ENTRY_LACC of feeder class : CL_EHFND_LACC_LIST_FEEDER and BO: EHHSS_INCIDENT and there are no roots like the BASIC_INFO_ALL.

Then I have enhanced the EHHSS_INCIDENT even though I am unable to see the field in EHHSS_INC_ENTRY_LACC.

I have tried with your recent reply but I am unable to achieve it. Can you please suggest any other way of adding fields to above component.

It's little urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Yerukala Setty

0 Kudos

Hello shetty,

Check once again any node exists or not. If not go to the feeder class and put one breakpoint at get-default-definition method . find out which structure is using by the field catalog (reference object).  Add your fields to that structure.

Tregard,

Vikram

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I kept the break point in GET_Definition. But no  where I see the structure or table.

Its dynamically adding fields or building the field catalogue.

Can I add fields to field catalogue through code using GET_DEFINITION?

Thanks,

Setty

0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

Please have a look the following screenshots,

ROOT node exists in the following path, please go through it.

EHHSS_INCIDENT->Node Elements->ROOT->Queries->SELECT_BY_SRCH_QRY.

I think above details are enough to solve the issue.

regards,

Vikram

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Perfect solution. Really happy to see that both replies helped me and got the solution.

Thank you once again.

Thanks,

Yerukala Setty

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Again i want your expert views.

I have added couple of fields to the FPM_FORM_UIBB -> EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM component configuration. Entered values on these custom fields are available on the screen even after saving the incident. But When I see the incident report or incident tables values are not updating.

I checked in tables EHHSSD_INC_ROOT and EHHSS_INC_BINFA, values are not updating.

Can you please let me know,  which method of feeder class to write code or by default FPM will take care to update the custom fields.

Application

Application:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Component:

EHS-MGM-INC-REC

Start Component

Component:

FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Component Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Application Component:

BC-WD-CMP-FPM

Current View

Component:

FPM_FORM_UIBB

Component Configuration:

EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM

Window:

FORM_WINDOW

View:

V_FORM

Application Component:

BC-WD-CMP-FPM

Feeder Class : CL_EHHSS_INC_Q_LOC_UI_FRM

It's little urgent.

Please help.

Thanks,

Yerukala Setty

0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

I think you added the fields in the transient structure of BOPF node, add those fields in DATA structure. Definitely it will work.

Regards,

Vikram Polinati

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Hope you remember that I have asked you that few custom fields are not appearing in FPM enhancement. So you have advised me to add in EHHSS_INCIDENT->Node Elements->ROOT->Queries->Select_By_Srch_qry. After adding here fields are visible and added to the FPM component configuration. Now these fields are not updating in tables.

Requirement: While creating incident, customer wants the incident number like 2016-06-XXXX instead of standard number rang series along with standard incident number created by system. So I have created field and added this in the all Incident report screens.

Now whenever user creates new incident, incident number should create automatically and that should appear in the reports too. Since we added this field in search query unable to see this. Now we have to generate the new number for every new incident and should appear in report.

Kindly advise.

Thank in advance.

Yerukala Setty

0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

If I am not wrong, the query ( EHHSS_INCIDENT->Node Elements->ROOT->Queries->Select_By_Srch_qry ) meant for fetching the results not to update. If you want to add fields in FORM UIBB

please select node ROOT and add fields in the Data Structure.

Regards,

Vikram Polinati

former_member231368
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

It's true and understood your point.

EHHSS_INCIDENT->Node Elements->ROOT->Queries->Select_By_Srch_qry  ==> this is for search result.

EHHSS_INCIDENT->Node Elements->ROOT    OR     EHHSS_INCIDENT->ROOT-> BASIC_INFO_ALL ==> for updating custom fields.

I have another challenge is that I have deleted added unwanted custom fields from the structures. Now I am getting short dump in EHHSS_INCIDENT.

Could you please help me on this. I am unable to positive response while googling or not much threads on this. I have attached the dump analysis.

I request you to help.

Thanks,

Yerukala Setty

+91 9880515171

Answers (0)