Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM Dangerous goods and Hazardous material management

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone worked with Dangerous goods in EWM?

I have an issue EWM 9.3 where after creating and activating the DG master record, the DG relevant information is not coming to the ODO. There is a new tab in the item detail view for Dangerous goods which has fields like DG regulation and class etc.

My expectation is that the DG relevant details should get defaulted to ODO.

As far as master data is concerned, the DG master is created with the correct regulation (ADR, IATA etc), its activated, DG indicator profile is maintained in the product master.

Coming to configuration, the DG indicator profile is relevant for all the checks.

Anyone knows what i could still be missing?

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any possible leads on this?

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

the new tab for dangerous goods in the delivery UI is only for transit warehouse processes where you integrate with a SAP-TM system

( see e.g. Differences Between Standard Warehousing and Transit Warehousing - Transit Warehousing - SAP Library...

Best regards

Markus

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for coming back on this and clarifying the doubt. Now that i know the DG tab would not be filled unless i have the transit warehouse functionality in place, in normal cases how would the material which is classified as DG would be identified at the ODO level?

Even at item level i see a field "DG Relevance".

To compare this with the ECC system, the DG indicator profile maintained in the Basic data 2 tab of the material master shows up in the Sales Order.

Is there anyway a DG can be identified in any of the documents in EWM 9.3?

Regards

Nikhil

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

in a "non transit warehouse" scenario the "DG relevance" field on the ODO item is/can be filled during a route determination.

See also:

Dangerous Goods Management - EH&S Services in Extended Warehouse Management - SAP Library

or

Route Determination in the Delivery - Delivery Processing - SAP Library

Best regards

Markus

former_member230160
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe one additional information:

the "tab" for the dangerous goods is there for transit warehouse processes as there you do not work with products but with handling units which can contain "anything".

So usually you have the DG information on the product which means you can read this via the product.

But in case of transit warehouse you do not have a product and therefore this information is stored in the additional tab. So for "normal" processes the tab is not required.