Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAL handling of Logical OMS

isay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

This question stems from SAP note 1240633 - PAL: Transferring the spool server

SAP note seems to address only access methods S, U, L, and C. How about for access method E?

Does SAP have the option to set a default LOMS server per system and allow PAL to use this default LOMS server during distribution of printers in the target system?

To put it in perspective, say you have 10 Logical Output Management servers (LOMS), each one catering to several SAP systems located in two or more countries. What would be the recommendation for grouping them for easier Printing Assistant for Landscape (PAL) distribution without using too many PAL Central Systems?

The aim would be to have only 1 Central system for Production and 1 for all the Development, Test, and Quality systems, total of 2 PAL Central Systems.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Isabel,

chances are I fully misunderstand your question, but let's see if I can help here somehow...

But first, allow me to be a bit nitpicky.

I know this is the "Reporting and Printing" Space, but this PAL / LOMS question belongs more into the http://scn.sap.com/community/output-management Space, as it relates to the SAP Business Suite environment (instead of the SAP Business One environment, where this "Reporting and Printing" Space is).

Can you please move this Discussion to there?

And now, about your question: (if I understood you correctly, then) I am afraid you have to manually create the LOMS on each system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw75/helpdata/en/83/3cee4fcc3afb4de10000000a44176d/content.htm describes regarding this:

You cannot install LOMS definitions, ROMS definitions or OMS command sets in PAL. PAL cannot verify that the installations are correct. PAL only checks if the LOMS definition exists and if the tasking target of this LOMS is available as a spool server.

Furthermore, I can not recall now that there would be a mechanism similar to a "favourite spooler server".

Instead, what you can try is:

• go to transaction SPAD
  • select the menu "Utilities" -> "For Output Devices" -> "Mass Changes"
  • select the Output Devices where the spooler server needs to be changed, and adjust them with the "Spool Server" option.

I hope I'm not completely on the wrong track...

Best regards,

Laszlo

isay
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for the response. I do not know how to move the question so I just copied it into a new post under Output Management. Meanwhile, this question here could be closed, referencing the latest post

I will just reply there too

Thanks and regards,

Isabel