cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code deletion - restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have some company codes we might want to delete from our SAP ERP. I'm thinking if the company code deletion scenarion in SAP LT could help.

We have some cross-company transactions like cross-company selling and stock transfer orders. Is it still possible to use SAP LT?

The help from SAP states that these has to be checked, but it doesn't tell if that makes it impossible to use SAP LT or if just it needs to be handled carefully.

Can anybody tell me if SAP LT works if cross-company transactions are there. I'd be grateful if anyone could share their experience and give some hints and name some pitfalls.

Thanks!

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to exclude cross company data by the implementation consultant. For example if you have central purchasing history. Pay attention to what Sascha has written. No open transaction which is cross company after go-live as the other company does not exist after go-live, you cannot process that open transaction anymore. Hence you have to close this first. For historical viewing purposes you can exclude  as much data as you want from deletion.

BR,

DS

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would assume that, if you plan to delete those company codes you do not have any open cross-Company Transactions with them anymore. So the process risk shouldn't be that big.

In general SAP LT comes with pretty good content/rules if it comes determining the relevant records for a company code deletion. I would say those Default rules fit in 99% of the cases. Nevertheless it is always possible to adjust those rules or even skip certain tables completely. So the tool itself is flexible enough. An experienced SAP LT Partner can help you with analysing your data from cross-company Transactions and adjusting those rules accordingly.

Kind Regards

Sascha Loeffler

Senior Manager at cbs Corporate Business Consulting (SAP LT Partner)