Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Database Tables in Multitenent Database of trial account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is with respect to the blog on MDC database in SAP HANA Trial account

In Eclipse,Unable to find any DB Tables under catalog that could be used for Modeling neither am able to create a new schema where I can upload the DB Tables. Could you please help in sample Modeling with the new version(MDC Database ) of HANA Trial account.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for your answers,

Could you help me further in user configuration,

I tried the below but couldn't succeed.

First step as soon as I created my DB, I tried to login to HANA cockpit with user System but it gave me the below error,

Then I tried to login to web based development workbench,

I got the below forbidden error,

Am I proceeding in the right direction, Please guide me on this. Thanks.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You were progressing in the right path. In the first screenshot, please click "OK" button. It will assign Admin roles to SYSTEM user and give you the below screen. Once you are logged in , naviagte to "Manage Roles & user" tile and create a new user with all the required roles.

Cheers,

Murali

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

As Kevin mentioned, first log in as SYSTEM user and create your user with all the privileges. By default you will not have any tables to model. You will have to create a new schema and create your tables within that schema.

Cheers,

Murali

kevin_hu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try these steps.

1. log in with user "system", with the credential when you created the MDC instance.

2. go to the security settings in the workbench and create a normal user and assign the necessary privileges on those schemas and tables. Then logout the "system" user.

3. go back and login with the new user from eclipse.

Let us know if it works.

Kevin Hu