cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trade secret issue

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

We want to output different identifier for both chemical name and cas number for trade secret . How can we activate below function module to both to have different identifier or pointing the configuration to have two different listing ?

9) Trade Secret: Outputting Identifiers Based on Component Types:

You can use this solution package to make identifiers being output dependent on the component type when identifiers are output for components. This allows you to output the trade secret name instead of the CAS name, for example, when the component type Trade Secret was specified for the component.

The following processing methods are available in the solution package for outputting identifiers depending on the component type:

Processing Method

Function

C14N_SYM_TS_START

Initializes the output for the relevant identifiers in the report. An identification listing is determined depending on the component type and is used to select the identifiers

C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE

The identifiers selected by means of the identification listing are output. If a usage is specified for an identifier to be output,a usage check is run. The Relevant Changes indicator is taken into account

for the change marks. If the long text for an identifier is to be output, processing method C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE

must be assigned to the report symbol GESTRLTXTF (identifier long text).  Therwise the short text is output.

Example for Outputting the Trade Secret Identifier in a Report

<11BRG003(M,SAP_EHS_1012_003;*)>

<11BRG002(S:POS;*)>

<01GESTVCOMPC(M:C14N_SYM_TS_START)>

<01GESTVCOMPC(M:C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE)>

<11ERG002>

<11ERG003>

Example for Outputting Multiple Identifiers of a Component in a

<11BRG003(M,SAP_EHS_1012_003;*)>

<11BRG002(S:POS;*)>

<01GESTVCOMPC(M:C14N_SYM_TS_START)>

<01GESTRLTXTF(M:C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE)>

<11ERG002>

<11ERG003>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

the topic seems to be clear...The solution was designed to support "names". So if you look for numbers just try it and use an "ident listing" for numbers. If it does not work: then you must generate your own customer specific symbols

C.B.

PLS: Please check your threads which are still open.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried for number and it works . How can I try for name as well at the same time . For name I have put those two function modules but how do I point system to refer different identifier type ?

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

in the IDListing you are using for output of trade secret names or numbers, list all names with ListPos 1. These will be taken when the first resolve is called. Then, in the same IDListing, list all numbers iwth ListPos 2. These will then be called with a second resolve. 

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

How Can I point first priority to cas and second to to chemical under ListPos 1 .

I created two priorities under ListPos 1 .Nor sure how ListPos 2 works with second resolve . What is the significance of first resolve and second resolve . Looks like this might give me solution .

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

look at the code you posted. The first C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE will print the identifiers maintained at ListPos 1. The second resolve will print the ListPos 2.

So the IDListing looks like

ListPos 1 NUM CAS

ListPos 2 NAM CHEM

In WWI:

GESTRLTXTF(M:C14N_SYM_TS_START)

GESTRLTXTF(M:C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE

GESTRLTXTF(M:C14N_SYM_TS_RESOLVE)

The first resolve prints NUM CAS, the second one prints NAM CHEM.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

many thanks to you for your explanation here. I have checked the corresponding OSS note  which explains this approach etc. I have had the impression that the design is "different". But your explanation really helps to understand the idea of this solution.

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Thats correct . This really explains how things works .

Answers (0)