cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer quits running IQ 16.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

Am trying to install the Sybase IQ 16.0 package on Windows Server 2012 R2 and not getting past the installer.

Initially ran into the ZeroGu2 Windows DLL failed to load issue; set Windows 7 compatibility and reran.   Now the installer quits without any error at all.  No change when running in Administrator priority (User is Administrator) 

Installed the Windows redistributable and no change (still quits).

Is this a Java compatibility issue?     I have already installed the Sybase Control Center 3.2 on same machine.

Thanks in Advance for solutions or ideas,

Donn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2101997 - SAP IQ install fails on windows and returns "ZeroGu6: Windows DLL" error https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2101997

Yasuo

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

Yasuo,

Thank you for the reply, however performing the steps in the Note did not solve the problem.  When running *without* Windows7 compatibility enabled, the DLL it cannot load is ZeroGu2 (not Gu6), but that may be just the same error.

I did find and remove a "Zero G Registry" folder but did not find the InstallShield information one.

Is there any logging done that could help me isolate the error?  Can InstallShield be run in 'debug' mode?

I'm going to verify that we have at least the SP08 level of IQ 16.0

--Additional info--

I checked the release version of the InstallAnywhere Self-extractor on a package (Sybase Control Center) that *did* run properly (not needed W7 compatibility and that working version is 12.5.0.0, whereas the failing one is 11.5.0.0 (different copyrights, too).   Will definitely verify SP level of the IQ package now!

-----------------------

Thanks In Advance,

Donn

Message was edited by: Donn Mukensnable

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to set windows 2008 compatibility mode?

And Please check the following requirement.

Windows Installer Requires Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_iq1608_iqicg_win/helpdata/en/a8/85a3a384f210158924b6a1e24c37e4/content.h...

I recommend to install the latest version of IQ.

Best Regards,

Gi-Sung Jang

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gi-Sung,

I will run the installer again, but I recall that we tried once already with Windows 8 compatibility set, and the failure was the same as with Windows 7 compatibility (InstallAnywhere quit after the initial loading progress bar).

The IQ 16.0 distribution we have contains only the  \ms-redist-2010 subdirectory under \archives; the other two earlier versions are not present.  I will investigate whether these distributions can be loaded from another source.

We are also verifying the distribution level of IQ 16.0

Donn

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gi-Sung,

We are also facing similar issue while launching setup.exe on windows 2012 R2 and the error seems to be similar which is posted by Donn. We are using DVD number 51045917 for installing IQ and we have tried compatibility with Windows 7 mode and still it didn't work.

Error:

++++++++++

ZeroGu2: Windows DLL failed to load

at ZeroGa2.b(DashoA10*..)

at ZeroGa2.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.b(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)

++++++++++

When started in compatibility mode, it throws below error:

++++++++++

E:\Software\51045917_new>setupConsole.exe

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffbf35e2632, pid=4940, t

id=4848

#

# JRE version: 6.0_35-b10

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.10-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64

compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C  [ntdll.dll+0x92632]

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# e:\temp\I1467187904\Windows\hs_err_pid4940.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

#

++++++++++

I am not sure if this is a program bug which is creating such issue.

Thanks,

Sharib Tasneem

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

51045917 was posted to the SWDC Installations and Upgrades in 2014 and might have installation issues and would be an older IQ 16 SP/PL anyway.

Try installing the latest SP from the 'Support Packages and Patches' section instead.  The SP is a full install and does not need 51045917 first.

e.g.

16.0SP11 - IQSERV160011_0-20011184.ZIP

Chris

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

We have downloaded the package and will try with it.  Thanks!

Donn

former_member314792
Participant
0 Kudos

OK!   Installer worked fine, no special compatibility settings needed. 

Much thanks,

Donn

Answers (0)