SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O4NA Assignment failed for a Non-Oil Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am trying to assign Non-Oil material to tank using O4NA but the system gives the below error message.

"Materials in this tank: base UoM MT, UoM group API and conv.group 534B

Message no. OC805"

Since, it is Non-Oil material, system does not allow me to assign and the material master doesnt have these two fields filled too. But the same Material had been assigned in 2011 and has been closed the same year. So, Can you please help me by explaining how this assignment done in 2011 and why not able to assign in the current year?

Thanks And Regards,
Amol

15 REPLIES 15

former_member253400
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

This error occured isn't depend from using Oil or Non-oil material. Any material may assign to SOC.

In this case the system always check the different between existing and new assignments (monitoring parameters - UoM, UoM Group, Conv.group)

KR,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

Thank you for your  reply.

As to what I checked, there are no differences between the current and the previous assignments for this material on these parameters.

Do you think of any other reasons which could be causing this message? Please advice and your quickest reply would be highly appreciated.

quick info on why we do this in my case -: we get an error message saying the matrial needs an assignment while doing transfer posting from restricted stock to un-restricted stock which is why we had to make this assignment.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

You said that you try to assign NON-Oil material to tank. It's mean that the your material master has no oil-specific data (no Uom Group, no Conv.Group), but the error message with some checked parameters.

"Materials in this tank: base UoM MT, UoM group API and conv.group 534B

Message no. OC805"

Those parameters are from existing assignment. Try to check it in the table OIISOCTSM. What assignments for tank in there?

Regards,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

Thanks for quick reply. But as I checked in the table OIISOCTSM  the material which I am trying to assign has never been assigned with those parameters. Can you please advise further?

Thanks And Regards,

Amol

0 Kudos

I mean any assignments for your tank were in the table OIISOCTSM? not your material only.

If there are something, look mentioned parameters with your material because all materials assigned to the one tank must have the same parameters.

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

Yes other material has assignments with mentioned parameters and its end date is blank. Does it mean this material locking assignment for my material?

Thanks and Regards,
Amol

0 Kudos

Yes, it's the reason why this error occure.

Why do you try to use SLoc which is defined as a tank for non-oil material?

KR,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

There was two material with no end date.I managed to put end date for one material but for other material system gives mentioned error while putting the end date. FYI, that material already has mentioned parameters. Can you please let me know the cuase of this error?

Thanks and Regards,
Amol

0 Kudos

If I'm understanding correctrly, you have got the same error OC805 when try to fill the end date?

Please provide the screenshots with error and data from table OIISOCTSM for this SOC.

KR,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

Yes, Kindly find attached screen shot.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

You must check all entries for your tank in the table OIISOCTSM, not the material in different tanks  (SOC segment no. 00000000000000000043).

If there are all entries with the same parameters try to check parameters in those material that have assigned to this SOC segment (table MARC).

PS to check parameters for all materials in the tank scroll to the right on the screen from 1st screenshot.

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

As checked all entries for the same tank are not the same. Please refer below screen shot.

But now the questions are 

1) How system allowed to put end date for one of material which already has mentioned parameters.

2) Why system not allowing to put end date in other Material which is also has mentioned parameters.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Amol

0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I see very strange situation on your screen. There are two assignments with different parameters on the same date and as result the system check it and create error.

Do i understand correctly you have one open assignment only, but this assignment it's very strange. You could never have created assignment with material 50-100001 (start date 29/04/2011) while the assignment with material 30-100128 was still open because those two materials with different parameters.

In your case you could try to delete a restricted assignment to material 50-100001 mentioned earlier (O4NA>Etit>Delete assignment) and put end date for open assignment.

KR,

Sergey

0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

I have two points, information and question here.

1. I tried deleting the restricted assignment for the material and the ssytem gave me this error below.

'No deletion possible, goods movements posted after begin of assignment

Message no. OC835'

2. Let us say I did manage to delete the assignment without the above error, and close the open items. (please note that I need to zerorise the open items as they have stocks at the moment).

Now let us say i make the new assignment sucessfully. I do need to re-open the closed materials and bring back the stock isnt it? wouldnt that be not possible as I cant bring back the stock without re-opening the assignment and I cant make the assignment with other materials open (at this time 50-100001 will be open).

Please advise and thanks again for your efforts so far.

PS: not sure if asking for an email ID is welcomed as per forum rules but if thats fine with both the rules and yourself, please do share the same too.

Regards,

Amol.

0 Kudos

The main cause of the issue is a wrong data in assignments of materails.

Once again, all unrestricted assignments to the one tank must have the same parameters.

You could assign material with different parameters only if all previously assigning are restricted and assign the new material with a start date/time which is after to the end date/time of the other materials.

I think you need to add some order to data.