cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural authorization in CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Has anyone implemented structural authorization in CRM?

If so, any information, documentation, followed steps would be very helpful.

I am struggling to make it work but I don't seem to find all the necessary details.

Documentation I found is more on HCM and there are t-codes there that in CRM do not exist.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

maybe check following link, this is closest to structural authorizations:

Process Flow of the Authorization Check in Business Transactions - Business Transaction - SAP Librar...

This picture is quite descriptive:

Another option is to enable ACE, which is more flexible in terms of rules and hierarchies: CRM Access Control Engine - SAP Library .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dawood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dawood,

Thank you for the reply.

Maybe I should have been more specific with my requirement.

What I have to achieve is to limit the access in PPOMA transaction only tot the assigned authorization profile(a.k.a. certain org unit.)
I think by using object CRM_ORD_LP I can only limit the access to the transaction itself and not the node in the Structure.

ACE is already activated in our system but not all users have ACE roles assigned therefor these have to be available for all kind of users.

Any further help is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Elena

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it.

I was referring to transactions, which is not your problem...

I think this link can help you: Structural Authorization Check - Authorizations for Human Resources - SAP Library .

The main think is to enable the structural authorization using switch AUTSW ORGPD (see AUTSW ORGPD (HR: Structural Authorization Check) - Authorizations for Human Resources - SAP Library )..

In CRM, simply run transaction SM30 and insert the record in table T77S0. The strutcural authorization is based on evaluation path mechanism. There are structure profiles which are then assigned to users (tables T77PR and T77UA).

See if this helps. I did not work with structural authorizations recently, have to admit...

Regards,

Dawood.

grace_xin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Grace for the reply but I cannot locate more info on how to actually implement structural authorization in CRM.

I have to limit access in PPOMA only to one or two nodes from the structure.

Best regards,

Elena