cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Custom install package problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a queation about issue with Sap instalation. I want to make installer which will be added to MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit). I make instalation package of Sap 7.4 and almost everyting is fine.

I use saplogon.ini file which is located in root of system drive in C:\saplogon.ini ,which is copied thru install script also I add copying shortcut to public dekstop named sap and here is a problem.

I’m using the shortcut to show where the file saplogon.ini i s located. This is the line to target file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe" /INI_FILE=c:\saplogon.ini. I add this shortcut to CutomerFiles folder and is copied corectly to location on desktop but installer change destination file location deleting parametr /INI_FILE=c:\saplogon.ini from shortcut but i need it.

There is any way to change it. In instaler package i disable creating shortcut by sap setup.

Or maybe it can be set in some file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamil,

Can you check with your wintel team and have a script added after the deployment of the package to change the location of your saplogon.ini file where you actually want it to be placed.

We recently rolled out GUI740 using SCOM and integrated a script:

1. To change the registry setting for to overcome the security pop-up of allow or deny the connection

2. Have the service files updated of the end users with the sapms<SID> entries

3. Have the logon file created and placed and the correct location.

Hope it helps you to find a fix for your issue.

Thanks,

Manas