cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Office Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for document on program /sapsll/custoff_upload. Can any one share the document?

I understand that this program adds new custom office and also change the exiting one.

For example if a custom office ABNNNNNN was uploaded earlier through xml file. But again it is updated with another file which does not have ABNNNNNN, Will it delete this?

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

i don't think that it will delete the existing entries. SAP never give such a functionality. even if it is deleting, there might be a Pop up or warning message would appear to get the confirmation before proceeding to update in the system. As per my knowledge the uploading functionality is same as SPL, Product Classification and Customs Office upload, where it will upload the data and modify the existing one if any changes occurred in that particular entry.

so, when we upload the above xml files , it is not deleting the previous Classification or SPL data from the data base in GTS . so, the same way this Customs Office upload also functions and there is no change in functionality of the process .

hope you are clear now.

@ SAP GTS Gurus,

please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I was also thinking like that only. SAP will not delete the existing entries even if it does not exist in xml file because it might cause inconsistency if used in any transaction.

If anyone has different view, pl post.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Manish,

your understanding is correct.

if you check any of the SAP Process, they are providing the functionality and enhancing it a later point of time with new techniques. but they did not provided to delete the existing one in any of the processes as of now i saw in my experience.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

if your issue is resolved or you  are clear with your clarification, you can close this thread and open another one if you have any other clarifications.

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli