cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open DB13 time out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friends Tcode db13 is not opening timeout error environment is SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6 sybase database 15.7.0.122.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

This looks like a lock issue , please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.

connect to ASE with the SQL editor

'isql' and use the stored procedure sp_configure to change the parameters.
The parameters are dynamic; no restart of ASE is required to make the changes effective.

To prevent lock promotion, set the ASE configuration as follows:

'row lock promotion HWM',  2147483647
'row lock promotion LWM',  2147483646

Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thank you so much, First ill try out your instructions and revert back. 🙂

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you implement any sybase related notes that are maybe not completely implemented and transported? I remember that being part of the advice. In dbacockpit is your connection to db level working?

You are saying timeout error, what is the error i.e. sm21 or st22? Please paste here.

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

no not implemented  notes i have send above screen shots of errors sm21 and st22  plz check

DilipVoora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I could see there is an error 12205 which probably you can check it in <SID.log> file also. There is a server process with spid 187 trying to acquire lock on the object 1137265042 but unable to acquire it. Please try increasing your configuration parameter 'lock wait period' and then try opening it. If the issue still persist try changing the locking scheme of the object to row level in your dbid 4.

Regards,

Dilip Voora

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thank you so much for your valuable suggestions, First ill try out and revert back. 🙂

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

Was the DBA Cockpit opening without problem before or it has never work so far?

Thanks

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

DBA Cockpit was working fine since last week issue raised.