cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Webservice in Data Service to Read Excel file and store it in a folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new here and hoping to find answer on my question.

Requirement:

In Data Service we have option to build webservice. However at the moment it's quite challenging to build a webservice in Data Service which can be called by a Fiori App to read an Excel File and store in a folder on my Machine.

Has anyone already build this solution?

Please can you share your thought?

Thanks in advance,

Rabie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone thru Acting as Server - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki? If not, please do so first. Maybe it doesn't seem so challenging anymore, afterwards. You can then always come back here with any specific questions, if still necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Already checked  in Acting as Server - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki.

However, my requirement is to create webservice in Data Service which can be called by a Fiori App to read an Excel File and store in a folder on my Machine.

The idea is to share thoughts on this topic. Perhaps someone already has build this requirement and has experience?

Thanks

Rabie

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see. Are you on DS 4.2 SP5 or higher? Then you should look into the File Location object and associated built-in functions for manipulating files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk we are on DS 4.2 SP6

Having completed my analysis i don't believe DS has such functionalities to build webservice which can be consumed by Fiori apps.

Regards,

Rabie