cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest me what should i choose: SAP ABAP or SAP PP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am a fresher, I got my training in SAP ABAP 6 month back. But now, according to my project need my manager wants me to change my module to SAP PP and i am very confuse for this.

So, please suggest me what should i do?

Is SAP PP will be good for me or should i continue in SAP ABAP?

Regards,

Sunil,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pawel,

They want me to change my domain abap to PP. There will be no use of my previous technical skills. I will need to start from beginning for PP. So, suggest me should i change my domain or not?

Regards,

Sunil

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

None of us here knows you well enough to tell you whether or not you should switch. ABAP and PP are certainly different, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't change. Here are some questions you might want to ask yourself, or your manager...

Why did you choose ABAP? Do you enjoy it? Are you good at it? 6 months isn't really long enough to properly answer those questions, but that's all you've got.

What do you know about PP? Do you think you'll enjoy it? Why does your manager want you to change? Does he think you'll be better at it, or enjoy it more? Does he want you to try something different so you get some experience of functional as well as technical work, before making a more permanent choice?

After all those, the most important question is, what do *you* want to do?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi steve,

Thanks for suggestions, i will definitely focus on this things.

Regards,

Sunil,

PawelPawlak91
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Now I have wider scope of the issue but I will need some more information from you Sunil.

Firstly: do you consider yourself more like a technical oriented person or more like business oriented person? Which of these paths is more interesting for you?

By that I mean:

• technical oriented person - focuses mostly on programing (ABAP) or system administration (Basis). Has more of the technical attitude for the SAP systems.
  • business oriented person - focuses mostly on business logic and businness processes within company. Has more of the business attitude for the SAP ERP systems.

Secondly: what is your preffered form of work? Direct work or remote work ?

By that I mean:

• direct work - work with the client on-site, so mostly at the client's place. Frequent business trips.
  • remote work - work without the direct contact with the client. Not very frequent business trips.
PawelPawlak91
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

By SAP PP you mean that you would be a functional consultant in the field of PP module or that you would still be technical consultant but also in the field of PP module?

Regards,
Paweł