cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Down in Column Chart changes first legend description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a drill down in column chart in  xcelsius 2008 and it is creating correct output but as soon as we click on the bar of column chart the first bar of all three categories are keep changing.

1. first time when i run the legend description shows correctly.When I click on any of the column the first legend changes in description shown in second image.

I don't want legend description to change while drill down as its giving wrong impression to users.

The following are the values applied in drill down of Column chart

The output in word is attached.

Please help with this issue asap.It would be a great help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saumya,

If you are not using the Series name which you have selected in column chart then can you please remove the Series name Destination insertion. As highlighted in attached image.

If you want to show the series name also then please insert it in some other cell of excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie,

The series name is used to plot the pie chart. Removing that will disable the functioning of drill down from column to pie.

Yellow part is used to plot pie chart and red part is used as a source data. So, if we remove the series name, then we will not be able to make pie chart. Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you need to show the series name on pie chart for that mapped that series name destination to some other cell of excel.

Here you are overriding the source data of column chart, as u have mapped it to K3 to K27 cells.

Will suggest you to change the cell mapping. And it will be mapped to single cell as it is going to return a single series only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Swapnil,

If we changed the mapping of that series name destination to some other cell, then drill down will not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Suman,

1. Basically what is happening is red coloured area is the source for column chart and destination for radio button.

2. And the yellow coloured area is destination for drill down.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the data where you are getting the legend duplicated, even in the above screenshot i see 2 BF plants for RAIGARH. Please check the result set of "RAIGARH" because i see different KPI's for the two BF, i think i might be differentiated by key values rather than the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of 2 BF plants although the key is different but the text is same. I don't want the text to change while clicking on any column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Suman,

1. This is the snapshot of the data before changing dimensions.

2. And this is the snapshot after changing.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove those dummy values what you have assigned in the "red colored" and take the snapshot of the data just after invoking the dashboard and after selecting another values where you legend jumbles. Now compare the excel and see what happens behind the scenes. Surely some mapping would be incorrect, because as you say the values are matching perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Suman,

Thanks for quick response.

Cell k3 indicates which column bar is clicked.Even after removing dummy values it makes no difference. Even though the values is correct but description of first column changes with each click which is ambiguous.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you attach the source file here by changing the extensions from .xlf to .txt. Did you tried taking up the snapshot of the data ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Suman,

As i am a learner I don't know how to take snapshot of the data. Please explain in detail.

And PFA.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the preview mode. Now go to the file menu --> export --> current excel data. Save the file to your local disk. Take the snapshot of the data before changing the dimension value and after changing the dimension value. Now see the mapping where it goes wrong.