cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing and stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a Scenario to use Assembly processing with every Sale order item being a Network in Project System.

Our Situation:

1) In a sale order we give several materials to be engineered. These are the BOM. We also currently order or generate a plan order of XYZ amount. This XYZ amount is the total of all similar materials in the sale order.

As i understand correctly, for every material line item in the sale order, one Network with several elements are created in SAP PS.

How can i order XYZ amount quantity in SAP PS which can later be distributed to other Network activties?

Line item 1: Network 1: Quantity 10

Line item 2: Network 2: Quantity 20

Line item 3: Network 3: Qunatity 30

Now in the above example it easy for us to order three times separately with 10,20,30 quantities.

But we have to order usually with 200 line items, How can we order the total of all material quantities at a time in SAP PS and then distribute internally?

We do not want to have a deeper Level of ordering. We would like to have one order for one Project.

Best wishes

Prasad MV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully you have MRP activated.  You need to carry the materials in Plant Stock (this is controlled on the Material Master MRP4 tab with the Individual/Collective indicator.

You can manually place an order for 200, then when the requirements from the Sales Orders are created they will consume from the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

Thank you

MRP is activated with indicators set

My question is directed towards usage of the process in SAP PS, in discrete manufacturing we only order when there is a definite sale order.

Let me explain you in more Detail on the current Scenario we are in

We receive PO and we create a Sale order for 5 Header BOM material (example)

This order can later build up to 20 materials in same order but we can concentrate on These 5 orders. All These materials are then pre planned for MRP in another tool to define if the component materials under each BOM material is relevant for MRP right now or later.

Once the engineer select the desired components required for MRP then a Planned order is created in SAP and subsequently a Production order and so on.

To make things simpler for the engineeering Team, there is a function in sale order to maintain one Header line item for every 'n' line items

So that the engineers will enter the order quantity at the Header line item only which is not accountable to the customer and also not deliverable. This Header line item is used only to Group or make a Cluster of several line items

We would like to use a Project Management tool which can enchance our process or atleast simplify and make it transparent.
Project is needed to track, schedule, view Progress and use Milestone functionality.

Kindly let us know how could we use PS to make a Pre-MRP as a Cluster of line items

I also know that there is a concept of Reservation in SAP PS which is also beneficial for us

Hence our requirement is to MAP the sale order items in Project System without altering a lot at the production department. We would also like to move away from the Header line item concept once we have a solution in PS

Thanks a lot

Prasad MV

if you could also share your Inputs it would be good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

This is interesting and to explain you more i am assuming a lot of things as per your question

Every Line item in the Sale order can be used as a WBS with network and activities in the project which is created from the Assembly processing.

You can order your quantity on one of the WBS element and then issue the goods to other WBS elements through transfer posting.

This is a standard option in ProMan tool.

ProMan is one of the most flexible tools and informative for logistics department.

The reservation is itself your Pre-MRP if i assume not to generate actual operative orders from purchase or production.

This reservation is dedicated for this WBS element and is a project stock. Make sure your materials and Sale order mention that the stock is  project stock

The actual MRP is run and then orders are placed. This is where the tricky part comes,

Do you need one order for one project or one order for every sale order line item?

Check for Automatic requirement grouping option with your PS consultant.

Assign materials from BOM directly to Project using BOM transfer function CN33

With these settings you can achieve your process. Try to keep the explanation as simple as possible next time.

Cheers

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vittal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP Project Systems (SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello G Lakshmipathi,

I was unable to get any response from the PS experts, hence i wanted to check from the SD side if they have handled such a scenario

Regards

Prasad MV

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have mentioned in that case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeking inputs from SD experts