cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Name not visible when prompting workbook.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI users,

We have recently upgraded to Analysis 2.2.

I noticed that when users are prompting workbooks that it no longer shows the query name between each section of prompts.

This was very useful as you clearly new which prompt belonged to which workbook.

One other issue is in the old Analysis (1.4) you use to be able to go to the crosstab and change the name of the query by using the Formula Alias, when prompting the workbook it would show the revised name, useful for users with many queries in one workbook.

I was wondering if anyone else faced this issues and found a solution?

Many thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob:

Would it be possible show some screen shots?  Use the camera icon to upload

Do you have the checkmark for the merge variables checked on or off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thank you unmerging helped with showing query name in prompts so that is resolved but its still not picking up the name the user inserts in formula alias. this use to also be displayed in prompts next to the query name.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay

I am unsure about the second part, as it appears it shows data source name and not formula alias; I could not locate anything; perhaps you may want to open an incident with SAP Support?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

Did you try checking the following option?

Analysis --> Settings --> Support settings

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowjanya,

Many thanks but this not solve my issue.

It adds the technical names to the objects and query name in prompt, but in the previous version (1.4) it would show whatever information you populated in Formula Alias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

What do you refer to Formula alias as? What do you want to achieve in the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I'm still facing the same issue. we are AO 2.2 version

Even when we change  formula alias  to XYZ1 and XYZ2 it won't show up in prompts screen followed by query name and tech name,. it will show only in  information tab under display design panel.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias,

You can follow this steps to get the query technical name

Analysis(ribbon)->Diplay Design Panel->Check Show Techincal Names    

Hope this one helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue.

Let's say we are suing the same query i.e. call it "Sales Analysis". And we have inserted it on 2 tabs in workbook and tabs are called "ThisYear" & "LastYear" and we named the datasource alias same as tab names i.e. "ThisYear" & "LastYear" . But when user wants to refresh the workbook with prompts they want to see these alias name so that they can enter correct prompt values for this year and last year. SHowing query name 2 times on variable screen does not help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baljindra Singh,

Please upgrade to latest version AO 2.3.1.

Under the Display design panel--> Component Tab, change the formula alias to This year and last year from  DS_1 and DS_2.

Now when you click prompts screen you will be seeing as " QUERY NAME(THIS YEAR) and QUERY NAME(LAST YEAR).

Note: Merge option should be unchecked.

This is only possible in 2.3.1 version.

Thanks,

S N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Please update your AO version to AO 2.3.1.

This will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

S N

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/message/16887373#16887373

Hi singh,Hi Robert,

If you are using 2.2 codeline, please update to the 2.2SP4 it will work.

If you are using 2.3 code line please update to the 2.3SP1 it will work.

First refere the above thread for detailed information.

Thanks and Regards,

Basavaraj