cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Increments in SAP Work Manager 6.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has a requirement for the time increments in Add Time and Edit Time screens to be 5 minutes, as opposed to the standard 15 minutes. I have updated the entries in the Client Globals area in ConfigPanel. however any entries that were updated, or added, do not work - they show up in the drop down, but the timesheet entry disappears after sync. Is there additional config that I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rick - I have done a similar requirement for a client.The Work Manager converts minutes to Hours before sending to back end and since the backend doesn't accept value of not more then 2 decimal place it would through an error (check agentry logs ). You need Java development to convert your Minutes calculated value to 2 decimal place and then send it ECC. Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

-Ashwani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rick,

Hi.  Our best guess:

For example in Work Manager 6.3.

1. Did you clear the client when you did the change? This is because you need to verify if you have the option of ctTimeIncrements fully loaded. Some tables do not get loaded all the time but only on initial sync.

You need to check the ConfigPanel on the table refresh and check rate.

Let us know if this help you out.

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply. I should have mentioned - this is Work Manager 6.2.1 with SMP 3.0 SP10 Patch 9.

I completely reset the client. Also a restart of the SMP Server, just in case. The new values appear in the dropdown under MINUTES on the Add Time and Edit Time screens. The issue is that if I use 5 minutes, or 10 minutes, or any of the new values the timesheet will save to the local device, but then disappears after a transmit. no error, no warning, just poof.

if I use 00,15, 30, or 45 (any of the standard out of box values) the timesheet saves and syncs to SAP.

So I believe ctTimeIncrements must be updating, since the values are in the dropdown. Is there somewhere else that I need to add the values? I did not see anything in Eclipse.

Regards,

Rick

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rick,

This is where you will use the magic of the Agentry Test Environment - Transaction debugger. You can check the transaction on what is going to be passed to SAP Java.  You can check, create, navigate, apply and complete(or finish) to see during the transaction flow, which area makes it blank.  If all areas stated that it is 5 minutes then it may be modified in the Java side.  You need to check the logs if it is null or 15 minutes. 

You need to find out if the issue is still in the client or in the Java transmit.  The ATE can at least show you what is in the client.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer