cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side car implementation from SAP ECC to HEC

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am really new to side car implementation to SAP HANA.(and even to SAP HANA 🙂 )

Here is the requirement :

We have a source ECC system on our datacenter and we are required to do a sidecar implementation to HEC and see the performance of reports when running under Hana.

So here are my doubts (please excuse if they are very silly 😞 )

1. HEC means i will get a hana DB available on cloud or will it be a BW on Hana or some reporting tool on Hana to display my reports ?

2. What will be the difference in configuration if Hana is on Premise and if it is Hana enterprise cloud

3. What are post steps required once replication is setup using SLT to display the reports.

4. How many teams should be involved in this scenario (I mean Basis,DBA's ,developers etc....? )

It would be very greatful if someone can provide a blog or document which explains about SLT implementation with HEC.

Regards,

Srujay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srujay

Strangely, my company is thinking about doing exactly the same thing, for operational reporting purposes. I know for sure that extractions via HCI (HANA Cloud Integration) and SLT are possible. We are currently considering both options, especially since in the new version of SLT, it seems that filtering is possible.

I have not great amount of material yet on how to do this - I suggest we stay in touch and compare notes.

Cheers

Ged

0 Kudos

Hi Ged,

Good to hear that we have the same requirement and will definitely be in touch till we complete this project 🙂

Hoping to see some answers from any experts on this to start with my POC.

Regards,

Srujay

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like there's plenty of stuff out there Srujay. Check out these very interesting blogs which tell us exactly what to do:

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2015/10/16/hana-live-implementation-sidecar-scenari...

http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2015/12/09/how-to-consume-your-real-time-data-w...

Good luck!

Cheers

Ged