cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard or design studio going forward ? Sap 4.1 sp 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts

we have some existing dashboards which are developed using the dashboard designer application.. Now moving forward, SAP's design studio has got some really advanced dashboard  features... My question is if the design studio is fully capable of producing interactive Dashboards, is it worthwhile to develop anything in dashboard designer? What about the existing dashboards we have? Should  continue using them or look at migrating or re- design them in design studio??

What should be my right approach to ensure the best possible outcome for my users in the business??

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it worthwhile to develop anything in dashboard designer? Should  continue using them or look at migrating or re- design them in design studio?? What about the existing dashboards we have? What should be my right approach to ensure the best possible outcome for my users in the business??

SAP hasn't came back by saying they are going to stop supporting dashboard designer anymore, but including many advance level features and many limitations is not been addressed completely from the past. I would recommend you to continue with the existing dashboard whatever you have created and moving forward use the design studio for the development, because i see SAP is being focused so much on this.

As far as to my knowledge i don't see any migration tool is provided to migrate the dashboard designer file to design studio.

Go through the below article's which gives you a broader picture on this.

Why Visual Design Studio will NEVER replace Xcelsius – InfoSol Blog

SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards vs SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio | David Lai's Business ...

http://visualbi.com/blogs/design-studio/general/sap-dashboards-xcelsius-vs-sap-design-studio/

Hope this helps!!!

Answers (0)