cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: False Authentication alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have extracted the latest Landscape analysis report using the BI platform tool 2.2  for the production environment and looks like we have received authentication alerts for the below 2 items although it already configured properlyin the environment.

1.)SSO2DBKeyPasswordBlank-A value of False indicates that no keystore password has been specified in the SAP SSO Options,typically indicating

that STS is not configured.

2.)UpdateUsers-A value of False indicates that the "Update Roles and Aliases" option of the SAP plugin's User Update tab is not set to run

on a schedule.

SAP OSS 340534 / 2016  was raised and they have confirmed that  STS is configured properly and is working fine in your environment. Please could you help to check and advice on the same if this is a false alert or is there something to do with it.

Thanks

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh,

Thank you for contacting support and informing us of this issue.

I have debugged the code and can see that the SSO2DBKeyPasswordBlank alert was being evaluated incorrectly and in fact triggers when the password is correctly set.  I have fixed this for future builds.  In the meantime, you can update the alert to use the "Not Equals" operator, or change the alerted value from "False" to "True".

I have also removed the UpdateUsers alert as it appears to be triggering based off of incorrect data.  This will require more investigation, but can be safely ignored in your case as the SAP Role and User Alias Update is scheduled and completing successfully.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Morgan LeJeune

Answers (0)