Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Server status

soumya_nandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to set an alert when the BPM server is down and want to stop the requester to raise any further requests in BPM. Could anyone provide any document or blogs or sap help documents link for the same. I am not able to find anything specific regarding this.

Regards,

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe be you can do a small trick. Create a simple web service in the BPM server and call it before the user creates the request. If he gets a response the server is up and the user can proceed with the request otherwise do not allow the save of the request.

Vasilis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

checking if the BPM engine is up and running isn't such an easy task as pointed out by other members already. Even implementing the web service as suggested wouldn't work necessarily because the BPM engine could be down but the web service engine still running.

One possible way to solve the issue would be to use XI web services with an exactly once in order queue. For example, if the process is started from within the ABAP system, the XI engine logs all messages that are to be sent. If PO is down, the messages will be marked with failure during delivery and stored in the ECC system. When PO is up again, the messages can be restarted and reprocessed.

In combination with immediate message events in the BPM processes that prevent two BPM processes from being started for the same request, this can potentially solve your problem without having to know that the BPM system is down.

Best regards,

Frank

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't get the point? How can any requester request something on BPM when the server is down? For monitoring there are several tools. SAP SolutionManager is capable of it for example. Just get some knowledge about monitoring solutions.

Regards,

Tobias

soumya_nandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Could you please let me know can we trigger a mail when the BPM server is down using solution manager. Do you have any useful links regarding the same on how to do that and other useful information?

Regards,

Soumya

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

monitoring is a quite big topic to learn and very individual. I can only suggest you to go through some documents. Maybe start here to get a overview: > https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/System+Monitoring+-+How-to+Guides

Regards,

Tobias

soumya_nandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

As per my requirement, I need to provide an alert mail while bpm system is down. Do you have anything specific for that purpose or in the above link have all the required information?

Regards,

Soumya

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not easy to find out why the server is down (if it is unplanned ofc). But there are different params you may want to monitor. Like memory usage, CPU, disc space, the log files etc. So i can not give you a definit answer for this one. You will have to evaluate this for yourself for your infrastructure.

Regards,

Tobias

soumya_nandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I am not looking to find out why the server is down. Actually what is happening in our scenario, when the BPM is down user can raise request from portal because the production server is not down right (only the BPM is down). So in that case what is happening is user raising a request from portal and as the bpm is down the workflow is not getting triggered for that request and we need to roll back all the requests that users have raised during that down time and ask the users to raise those requests again.

So I want that when the BPM is down, we will block the users to raise any request and give them a notification like "You cannot raise a request as the server is not available currently. Please contact ...".

So to do this I need to read the status of the BPM server and I want to know how to do that. Do you have any document on that?

Regards,

Soumya