cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Monitoring in solution manager 7.1

0 Kudos

My solution manager is connected to ECC server which is new, when I see in the managed system configuration. When I receive the alerts and when I click “launch detail analysis on ECC server” it is picking me to the OLD ECC server, which we are not using now.

So it is not picking the data from new server and it is triggering the alerts based on data from old server.

What might be the possible solution for this? Do I need to configure system monitoring again? If yes, I need to do changes in the prod solution manager.

Please let me know if the question is not clear. Please share the documents for system monitoring setup.

Thanks

Shanmuka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanmuka,

This is might happening because of your new ECC is not properly register in SLD and LMDB.

Once its register properly you need to configure managed system in solution manager and reconfigure technical system monitoring.

Regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Secure24 has successfully migrated to new ECC server and no errors showing in the SLD and LMDB (Basic configuration) right now. And Configuration of managed system was also done properly as I see all the green lights with new ECC server.

Based on what you said, I think I should reconfigure the technical system monitoring.Please share me the documents if you had any.

Let me know If I am wrong

Thanks

Shanmuk

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuka,

you don't need to re-implement but reconfigure the Technical Monitoring templates for your new system

in solman_setup->technical monitoring

goto Scope and select new systems

activate the monitoring for new system in next step with ur templates

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Thank you for information. But when I go to the steps as you said above, I see as if nothing has been setup.But I am getting alerts and mails.

Please let me know if you had any idea

Thanks

Shanmuka

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the screenshot shows INFRASTRUCTURE step which is different...you have to go further.

please goto to STEP SCOPE which is after here

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahnmukh,

As I mention please configure technical monitoring. You will be fine.

-Yogesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the above replies are correct, the monitoring does need to be configured from SolMan_setup - Tech Mon- Step 5 next - then apply & activate.

However if you are not seeing your new configuration here, you need to access the LMDB.

Here enter your system name & on the next screen hit the dropdown for advanced, then resynchronise the SLD & LMDB.

Following from this repeat the first steps, the new configuration should be there.

Finally, if the configuration is correct but you are still getting the old alerts, you will need to remove the monitoring from the old Managed Object.

This is described in note 2227586, please use option 1 first & only use option 2 if you are sure that no monitoring needs are required for the old servers.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Thank you Micheal, That was helpful. Do I need to follow the same steps for Alert level monitoring/ business process Monitoring?