Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configurator characteristics value not displayed in material master

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i've got an issue with the variant configurator.

We've got a class, lets say A of class type 300

Next to that we've got a couple of configurable materials (B) of type 200.

These materials (C) have other materials attached. These materials have certain characteristic values.

Now i want the characteristic values of these materials (C) to be displayed when we view the materials of type 200 (B).

I've created a characteristic (99) and via CL02 i linked this one to class A type 300.

Next to that I've created a dependency as well and linked this via CT04 to the chararcteristic.

Did i miss something?

I'd appreciate your help!

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might help if you show sequential screen shots.

While this may not be the issue, you might want to check in the characteristics if you have restricted the characteristics to certain class type only.

Thanks.

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

a bit more information, maybe you can help me out:

Configurable material, B in the example, has a variant configured via the MRP3 view. In the characteristics i want the value to be displayed of a characteristic of the sub material (C). In the submaterial this characteristic has been entered via the classifications view.

When i view material B's characteristics value (same characteristic as the one entered in material C) it says: No constraints exist that could infer anything for the selected characteristic.

However in material A (the variant which has the configurable material B attached) in transaction CU50 i see that the characteristics value does show materials C value.

So it doesnt show in material B but does in A. How is this possible?

THANKS!

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

Are you using Material Variant?

Sorry but your A, B & C confusing lot. Try to make it simple.

One material you have?

How many class Type assign to that material and each class has how many Classes, then main KMAT material have material variant?

Now, do want to see material variant characteristics and its value to main material? in Classification or order?

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

I've got one material of class 200. Next to that I have another material linked to the previous material by a characteristic. Now this second material has characteristics too with values. One of these values I want to have displayed in the characteristics value of the first material. Whenever the second materials char val changes it has to change in the corresponding char val of the first material too.

Thanks!

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

Really its too much confusing. What do you mean by next to that I have another material?

Next to Next Material, what is this? Are you talking about BOM? If yes then say Yes I am using BOM.

That could be better if you replied on my all previous post questions then I can do better for you.

(Base on my assumption I am replying you)

Okay now listen, I think you want to call class to class characteristics value change for X material.

Both class belongs to different material. Here If you have Parent child material of BOM then u can use on simple syntax $parent and $Root. 

Object Variables - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

If same material has different class and want to achieve class to class change of characteristics and its value, then for X material write constrain and u can call their multiple class and create restriction and inference for class characteristics and its value.

Note: More clarity if we get, you will get maximum response from different user and that can solve your problem fast.

Thank you. 

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Some screenshots for clarification. Material 543181Chararcteristic SAP stansmesnummer = SAP cutting knife number has value 6000007059. Next tab is Kwaliteit or Quality. Here the characteristic ' welke zijde stansen' or ' cutting from which side'  has value ' buitenzijde' or ' outside' .

Now material 543181 has the same characteristic however value ' buitenzijde'  is not displayed

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

Yes Now perfect. It means you are using the material variant concept.

Now try to understand how material variant concept works?

Why business is business is using material variant to one configurable material?

Material variant is always pre_configured. when ever we booked the order for the main material it will go and pick up the material variant configuration and that will be given to the customer.

I will give you link here, that will guide you much in your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47527

Just tell me why you want to reflect any change in material variant, it should reflect to the main material or vise a versa?

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! I must say I am new to this functionality and try to handle a change request for a customer. They want the value ' buitenzijde'  of  material 543181 characteristic printed on a production order (it are a whole bunch of materials, not only 543181).

I will read the documentation in your link, but if you have a clue how to get my issue solved, please share.

Thanks again.

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosh A,

thanks. This one was set by me as well. However i've got a comparable characterisic (D). This one does not show the material C characteristic value in material A bus does show it in material B.

My value is shown in A but not in B. I want it to be shown in B.

Thanks!

Mark

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please maintain the configuration profile for material using the transaction CU41.