cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appserver fails to connect to new SQL server after V2V move

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

After a V2V move of a BPC MS 10.0 SP17 server and its SQL server, I am having issues connecting to the new SQL server. After the old SQL server is taken offline, BPC Server Manager throws this error message and fails to launch:

And the OsoftSendGovernor service is stuck on starting and never actually starts:

The new server parameters (SQL Server: SVCSQLAPPCLUS02 port: 51436, OLAP Server: SVCSQLAPPCLUS02 port: 2383) have been updated in Server Manager, and I have checked the registry values as well as updated OutLookSoft.config and Web.config with the new value: SVCSQLAPPCLUS02:51436

However, the connection still fails. If I bring the old SQL server online, BPC Server manager and the services start without issue.

What am I missing?

BR,
Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These two services are using a preconfigured domain user id.

Most likely that user ID has no rights in the new SQL server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, ignore my previous post.

It looks like the old server was connected via named pipes.

Run the SQL client configuration tool on the BPC app server and select TCPIP only and make sure everything is correct - including port numbers. Do this for both 32 bit and 64 bit connections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I've disabled Shared Memory and Named Pipes on both the the 32 and 64-bit connections and updated the default port to 51436 (the SQL Server instance port) for TCP/IP. The problem still persists, however, although the error message when launching Server Manager has changed slightly:

/Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the OutlookSoft.config file in <BPC Server installation folder>\Websrvr\bin\.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked through my config files once more and saw that I had written SVCSQLAPPCLUS02:51436 instead of SVCSQLAPPCLUS02,51436. After changing the values, I can connect and the services launch as normal

Thanks for your help!

/Andreas

Answers (0)